Aa
A
A
Close
2 yrs. post chiari surgery
I had chairi surgery 2yrs years ago in may. I seem to be having some issues again, and was wondering if anyone had any advice. They are doing another MRI Friday. I'm just worried...Is it possible I am going to need another surgery?  I'm just really scared. I'm not sure if I can go throught that again.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248

HI and welcome to the Chiari forum.

I am also at the same point post op as u..I had my surgery in May '09.....

It is possible to develop scar tissue and that can cause a CSF obstruction, the other issues could be tethered cord, ICP....or a bulging disk.

I continued t o have some issues, but do have tethered cord, and a bulging disk along with Ehlers-danlos...so I know it is not surgery related.

I pray u get answers from ur MRI...and I would suggest u request copies of the MRI's and the report so u could get a 2nd opinion if u feel u want one depending on the results.

Good luck
   "selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for the input. I'm sure it will be nothing and I'm just over reacting. I'm usually a cup half full kind of person, it's just the thought of having the surgery scares me to death. Thanks alot for the response. It's nice to know I'm not alone in the world.  :-)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
620923 tn?1452919248

U r deff not alone and I hope u post an update of ur results.....I am interested to hear how u do and what ur drs say is going on.

I was told I need more surgery and am putting it off as  long as possible too, no one wants to have multiple surgeries.

I pray u get answers  soon

"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I keep seeing reference to a list of doctors................is there some where to look for a list of doctors that may bo in my area?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
620923 tn?1452919248

HI yes we do have a thread where members can add to the list and I have the names added to the Health Pages top right of this screen...here is the link-http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Neurological-Disorders/DOCTORS-LIST-FOR-CHIARI-SYRINGOMYELIA/show/1062?cid=186

As I have mentioned in the other threads, this is not a referral, the list is to help u start researching Drs...all names r of drs that members here have used, and liked...it is not all inclusive.

"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
thanks alot. there's actually a doctor not too far from me that has alot of positive comments atleast now if something does show up i have an idea of who i can contact.

thanks again. I'm really glad i found this forum!  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
Jul 11
979826 tn?1389039958
Blank
soccero feeling absolutely horrible ;( Comment
Jul 09
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank