2nd opinion dr in Nevada
I have had decompression surgery in 2011 by Dr Carmarta at University of Kansas after many years of suffering and many drs later. I has lots of complications so I has an appointment with Dr Oro which was like a revolving door of testing for nothing. He gave me meds told me I was fat and need weight loss surgery and left me by telling me that I he could not help me and to find a neurologist in my city. I have been to at least 20 doctors here in KC with no help.

I will be in Vegas 04/10-04/14 and wanted to see a dr while I was there. Any one have a good Neurology that I could check out.. I am thinking of moving there if I can find a good dr that can help me with all of my issues. I have so many symptoms and need to find out if I have POTS and EDS. No one specialist has been able to pen down what is going on.

Hi cocothuda202 and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Sorry we do not have any listed Drs for that state......I know Dr O is retiring....not sure why you got the treatment you did....not in character that I have heard.We also do not have any listed for Kansas .....

I am aware that weight can play a role in hypertension and can cause ICP like symptoms and many times a Dr will shunt a patient and once you have a shunt it seems you are in for so many more surgeries....losing weight in my opinion is better then facing shunts....at least worth a try....how it may have been presented is another factor....but it may be helpful overall.