Chiari Malformation Community
Another question about my MRI and VNG results.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Well my Dr gave me medical files with no problem! I had another MRI done on my spine and it says there is a reversal of a cervical lordosis at c4-c5. And degenerative discogenic changes are noted throughout the cervical spine Also I had a balance test called a VNG and the results of that say central nervous system lesion. Do any of you know what these mean?
I am curious if any of these have to do with the chiari.

Hi...reversal of cervical lordosis or loss of cervical lordosis is basically the curve in ur neck is not right or gone....this can be to tight muscles pulling on the neck, or  a result of whip lash....it can also be the result of posture, as it is often called soldiers neck bcuz of the way they r told to stand at attention and
pull the chin in, it can over time change the curve as well.

If u were in a fall or a MVA that could explain it, and this can be very painful...I also have this issue...and with PT u can gain some of the curve back...but u have to have a very good PT that knows about chiari too.
I have this as well....I've been told by numerous docs that I pull my chin in without being aware of it to help the CFS fluid get around the congested intersection in the back of my head.  I also wake up like that, too, so there must be a reason!
skrowe uploaded new photos
InGodsHandsIStand added the Sleep Tracker
selmaS commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jun 29