Anyone have Chiari issues but CSF flow study shows normal?
So, I went to the Neurologist and he scheduled a CSF flow study.  It came back normal and he doesn't think Chiari is the cause of my problems.  He said he could not be 100% but thinks that is the case.  We tried an occipital nerve block but it did nothing.  He thinks it is a musculo-skeletal issue.  I've been going to physical therapy now for a month but no luck so far there.   Has anyone had Chiari problems but the csf flow study/cine mri show up normal?  My tonsils are at 9mm.

I have headaches in the back that get worse if I bend over or strain, my legs are stiff and wobbly, my balance is off, I lose my train of thought constantly, I'm pretty much constantly in a fog (I feel like I'm high all the time), my vision is blurry, my eyes and eyelids twitch, I feel like I have lump in my throat, pressure behind my eyes.

Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems like everything points to Chiari.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HI,
I also had a CINE MRI to check csf flow. Mine came back normal according to my NS. The report states that I have no flow in the 4th ventricle, but according to my NS if it was flowing to slow or too fast it could be why it didn't show on the CINE....Every symptom you described I also experience. I believe without a shadow of doubt that my symptoms are Chiari related. I have a 7-8 mm herniation according to brain MRI and 6-7 mm according to C-spine, but it's not the length of the tonsils that matter as much as rather they are compressing the brain stem or restricting CSF. I actually think I may have IH or (Intracranial hypertension) but I haven't had this tested. The reason I believe this is because the pressure builds up so bad in my head it feels like it's going to explode. I can feel the fluid come out of my left ear and my nose when this happens. I started taking Diamox which decreases csf and it has helped to alleviate a lot of the pressure headaches.

Don't give up just keep pushing and eventually you will find the right Dr. to do the right test.

Have you had a full spine MRI to check for any Syrinx or possible Tethered cord?.
Might be worth reading the report yourself, if you haven't already.  Some doctors will also say a 9mm herniation is normal and therefore not even mention it.

Hi...were u ever in a MVA?...Dx with Ehlers-Danlos?

Checked for a retroflexed odontoid?...ask ur dr about these.....

"selma"