Chiari Malformation Community
Anyone with a syrinx have pain when sneezing where syrinx is located?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

I've noticed for years, that I always hurt in the same area that my normal radiating/numbness/pain/tingling originates from along my spine, especially when I sneeze.  My MRI shows what I think is a syrinx, still waiting for my appointment next month to find out for sure, but it would make sense & I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is a syrinx.

I've noticed more pain, popping, & crunchy noises lately, too down in my tspine & lspine....just more questions to write on my list....

Hi...I did not have a syrinx but wanted to chime in bcuz I had spine pain that radiated  as well, but as I said no syrinx...so, other chiari issues may be the culprit and it may be a coincidence that u do have a syrinx there.

Just something to consider....
Well with not having it dxd yet it just really makes me more suspicious, I know that my scoliosis curvature is in the same area according to some xrays I have, & I've read that syrinx can cause scoliosis, so idk which came first, the chicken or the egg ya know?  Plus the pics I have posted about the questionable syrinx would be in the area of my cspine(& even lower back pain/questionable syrinx) where I'm having more pain, radiating pain,numbness, tingling, & sharp shooting pains alot of times.

I guess I should see if there could be any way of having an mri of my entire spine since I've already got ct,mri cspine,& mri brain scheduled in a couple of weeks... I've ben dxd with scoliosis,kyphosis,& lordosis, so maybe I should see if I can get it all checked out, especially with my hips, legs, & lower back causing me more issues here lately...

Thanks SelmaS

I also have mild scoliosis...I also had loss of the curve of the  cervical lordosis... that was from whip lash.

What do u mean u have lordosis?
Thats just what a NL told me last year...i have scoliosis,kyphosis& lordosis, I thought he meant the way my lower back curved...I'll  post some xrays later when I get a chance...

Did he say what part of ur spine, it means loss of the inward curve....

I know u can have it in the lumbar and cervical spine, mine was in the cervical spine....
I'm pretty sure he meant my lower bk bc of how my bootay sticks out lol...google lordosis, u can c pics, I sure u already knew that though

Yes, I am aware, but like I said mine is cervical and that is the neck...urs must he lumbar which is lower back....
I uploaded some xrays....check em out & let me know what you think....

AlyssaWhite0908 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Ball123 commented on photo
Aug 26
Ball123 commented on photo
Aug 26