Appt. with Dr. Oro
I faxed in my MRI results to Dr. Oros office yesterday and they called me this AM to sch. appt for June 4th.  I am kinda scared you guys, I don't want to sound like a sniveling baby, and I know I need this surgery but I am just scared. Oh my syrinx in 9mm. I have all the issues the only one I don't have is nose bleeds LOL. And it seems like it is happening so rapid in the past few weeks. Please come on here and tell me you went through it too and that you are ok LOL.

Why are they doing this so fast? I know some people would count me lucky but it scares me. Tell me I have nothing to worry about.
HI Sweety...calm down...first of u, u will be in great hands...Dr Oro is a very kind and well informed man. I had the pleasure to meet and speak with him a few yrs ago and if I was closer to him I would have gone to him too!!!...I posted the poem he wrote and it is at the top of the forum bcuz it gives hope knowing there is a dr out there that understands what we r going thru.

Now as for being ok...do u mean after surgery?....it will depend on  if the person found the right dr b4 perm  damage occurred.....surgery is not a sure, but if done b4 nerve damage, can help u feel so much better....since u feel the progression of symptoms , it is  possible to slow it down....and help u feel better.

I am so happy I had the surgery , it has helped me in many ways, although I am not the same person as I still have issues and other related conditions that need to be addressed as well.....all that pays into this.....no guarantees.

But, u need to have ur faith in ur dr that he will know if this will be of benefit and how much of one to advise u to go forward.....sometimes it progress to a point we no longer have a choice....

Meet with Dr O and see if he is right for u.

Most of us do have a journal depicting our journey thru our surgery....click on the names and go tot he profile page to see our stories.

Hang in there : )

"selma"

Thank you Selma. Yea I mean after surgery.  I feel like I am at the point I have to go through with it-  no choice. I realize I still have to see him but if you knew me a year ago and how even the past few weeks it's getting so much worse I know I will have to have it.  I think that's why I'm scared - I hate being put between a rock and a hard place. It's so weird!

Thank you so much - you ARE making me feel better :)
I totally understand what u mean...I felt the same way, but at some point u will feel relief or as some say contentment about it.....I was scared too even as I was rolled into the OR.....I wanted to say lets wait a few more days...lol...but, I also knew how long it took to get to that point and how quickly I was deteriorating.....having drop attacks that lead to surgery were the last straw for me.....

It is normal to be scared, if u weren't , than I would be worried about u : )

"selma"
LOL - so you did go down fast? So I'm not werird for that? It does just seem like all of a sudden boom! you get every symptom and you get it hard. I'm sorry - this is not how I normally talk but I just can't think right now. I know you understand that LOL. What happened with your drop attacks? You just suddenly fall? How scary!
A drop attack is when the signals from ur brain can not flow down ur spin to all ur nerves and appendages....u go out for a second or 2, but r not aware of it....u r falling and r aware of that, but can not respond.

Fainting is diff in that u r aware u r going to go out u get that snow and buzzing.... woozy feeling...with a drop attack u do not.

My DD was with me...said she was talking to me with no reply...I heard her, thought I was letting her know to be quiet....I was trying to figure out what just happened....she helped me up and I felt very nauseous...

My fall in May of '07 left me with a badly sprained ankle, and a torn meniscus in my knee

I needed a surgery on my right ankle to allow the PT more mobility for the knee to heal....then I had surgery on the knee this went thru Nov of '07....Feb of "08 I got my chiari dx.....May '09 my surgery...so my symptoms progressed quickly, but not the medical field in finding out what was wrong.....I had been to drs all my life with many of the same issues, but chiari symptoms do cycle so it was an on and off thing with the drs.....

Oh how scary! Well I am glad you got it worked out!

Dr. Oros office just called and want me to come in Monday. Why Selma? LOL
Well it could be they had a cancellation and u r not that far away....easy to fill in the opening??

The sooner u go the better u will feel...what time monday?

2:00 - I know I'll feel better :) You are so sweet Selma! Thank you
Well I will be thinking about u and sending good vibes ~~~~~

No worries.....relax : D

"selma"
Thank you :)