Chiari Malformation Community
Babies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Babies

I was just wondering if anyone of you ladies decided to have a baby after being diagnosed with CM?  I have 3 kids already, but would love to have another one.  I am having a battle within myself.  I just found out about my CM literally 2 months ago, this diagnosis came after my husband and I had decided we wanted one last baby to complete our family.  I guess I am wondering for those of you that decided to have a baby after your diagnosis, did it make your symptoms worse?  Did you have a c-section? if yes did they give you a spinal tap or put you out out?  I do worry about passing this along as well.  My other 3 I didn't know I had this, not to say I wouldn't still feel to blame if they turn up with it later, but to have another one, I am not sure I could bare to find out later that I gave it to them, knowingly.  I also had very few or no symptoms when I had them.  Now I have neck stiffness with some pain, dizzyness, occasional headaches, and some tingling sensations in my right arm.  
I have also started getting that pressure feeling in my ears, like they need to be popped.  

Oh and for those of you with children already.  Any of you know if you passed it along to them?

Just wanted to give u a link to another  thread on this topic-

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Chiari-Malformation/Pregnancy-and-Chiari/show/1609912

"selma"