CINE MRI
I keep hearing about this cine mri thing to check for CSF blockage. But... none of my doctors have sent me for a cine mri yet. Should I ask them to if they haven't sent me yet? Or... if they haven't sent me does that probably mean that they don't suspect any CSF blockage so there isn't any point in a cine mri...

Also, I check the hospital that does MRIs in my city... and they talk about ALL the mris that they do and they don't mention cine MRIs.... are cine MRIs unusual? I live in a big Canadian city... would it be normal for the hospital here not to even do cine MRIs... is that maybe why the doctors haven't just ordered it?

P.S. I have a 12mm herniation. Crowding of the foramen magnum and displacement of the upper cervical spinal cord. No syrinx (an MRI of part way down my spine was done after the first MRI that showed the chiari) so that's really good. Plus there is a reversal of the normal cervical lordosis (so i guess my neck is curved the wrong way?)... that was on the MRI but I don't know if that's related at all, but thought I'd mention it just in case.
Hi, unforrtunatley not all drs are aware of the Cine...some do not believe it is needed. Also not all facilities can do a Cine....so u may need to wait until u get to a chiari specialist to have one done.

Sometimes the reversal, can be positional...ie- u were lying down.It is also known as solider's neck....it can be a result of whip lash. I had it  and it was corrected by PT..working the muscles...at the time I had no idea I had chiari...so I did see a chiro.
I do not suggest this for ne one with chiari tho.

If u had a CSF issue it may show on the MRI's u have had already or by ur symptoms....

I had a Cine done in my home town and later found it should have been done in an upright position, so mine will most likely need to be redone.

The best thing to look for is TC, a syrinx and if u can tell if u have a blockage...but if not, wait till u get to a specialist.

"selma"