CM and cerabil Palsey
My son had the decompression surgery at 2 1/2 years old.  He has done well since then.... However he is developmentally delayed, premature birth (2 months) poor gross motor and fine motor, language and speech therapy OT and PT in school and also once a week outside of school.  He is not consistent.  Diag with CP.

My question is CM and CP related?  Anyone know?  OT (private) indicates he is also Sensory Processing Disorder

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

I am so sorry ur child is having to deal with these issues as u have to watch him go thru it....I am sure it is not easy.

May I ask, did ur DS also have acid reflux/GERD...it can  affect language and swallowing ....and u r already have that all set up.

The CP could account for many of the delays u mentioned....as for it being related to CM, I really do not think that is the case....it is unfortunate that ur child has both conditions....

U did not say how old ur son is now, I am wondering how long since surgery....

"selma"
I did so much looking prior to his surgery,,,wished I had seen this group.  DS came into our lives when he was 11 months old.  I am not sure if he had acid reflux however, he did have some sort of swallowing issues.  But I guess he grew out of it???  Not sure.  I will have to look to see if the previous foster home indicated if he had problems.  I know there was a lack of sleep and issues on his left side.

DS was 2 1/2 for surgery and he is now 4 1/2.  I take him to OT and PT once a week (should be twice a week, but there isn't room for him) and he is in special education at school.  I was hoping for him to join his twin brother in kindergarden, but I am not sure this will happen,  I almost know it won't.  DS is still not potty trained.

We are trying to get a psych evaluation.  I hope we get it.  I want to cross off that I am not crazy like some people think I am.

Thanks for your comments!  Have a great evening!

Oh so he is a twin....how is the twin doing health wise?

Since ur DS is not potty trained, could it be he has  bowel and bladder issues?...chiari can affect feeling the urge to go....and many times we have to go and may not make it....this would make it diff to potty train.

Was he checked for tethered cord?

I pray u get ur wish...that would be great for both of them to be together.

"selma"