CM and pregnancy
I am supposed to get my decompression surgery in 2 days but I found out last night that I am pregnant! So obviously the surgery will have to wait. I looked up the meds that I'm on and most of them are class c meds so I'm going to see the dr. in a few days. I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with CM during pregnancy and the ability to be able to take meds, such as neurotin? I am most concerned with the baby's safety but I also don't want to have 9 mths of headaches : )  Thnx!
Hi..Congratulations Sarah !!

....I did have a pregnancy with chiari however I was not aware of it...I suggest u talk to ur chiari dr and get info on this. From all that I read it is advised to have a C-section bcuz of the straining during childbirth can cause chiari symptoms to increase.

I pray ur pregnancy goes well and ur chiari behaves while u may have to adjust ur meds.

"selma"
Hi Sarah,  I am so sorry that you have to delay your surgery, but it is such a blessing to have a child.  I wish you the best with the pregancy, and also in finding answer's to the Chairi during this time.  I have never heard of being pregant neither.  Or should I say all of us mother's had chairi during pregancy but didn't know it, and I know I wasn't on pain med whiling caring my 2 kid's.  I wish you well