Chiari Centers
Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed with ACM I and had surgery in 2000.  I am currently having symptoms that are similar to (if not worse than) the symptoms I had prior to surgery.  However, when I've had MRIs, I'm told they're normal.  (I've had a brain, cervical, thoracic, and lumbar MRI; the last 3 were without contrast, and none of them were Cine.)  I'm getting very frustrated, and if I didn't feel so crappy, I'd rather just give up on trying to find help.  

So, does anyone have any experience with any of the Chiari Centers or Institutes?  If so, which one(s), and are they worth the travel?

Thanks!

Hi,,,,yes, I went to TCI in NY and a few of the members went to Dr Oro's center in CO...and so far all of us were well pleased,

It make a huge diff to go to a well experienced Dr, and it depends which ones u r referring to,

These 2 are very good, and so is Dr Henderson in MD and Dr Rosner in NC.

But as far as centers the 2 I mentioned are very good,

I have said this many times it is worth it to travel to a Dr that is a true Chiari specialist instead of dealing with a NS close to home and having post  op issues,.....

Make sure ur PCP is up on all u r doing so u have someone to follow ur care once u head back home.

Thank you for the info!  Now, as long as I can find someplace that will work with my insurance or with me on payment for out-of-network, I think I'll try to travel somewhere.

Thanks again!

No worries : )