Chiari and back pain
I was diagnosed several years ago with Chiari II and my malformation was at 7mm.  My neurologist treated me
for migraines for a while and tried various drug cocktails (at one point i was on 19 pills at a whack).
I finally gave up on both the doc and the drugs and have been dealing with the headaches the best i can,
using an escape drug (phenergan) when it's unbearable.  I have had moderate to severe lower back pain
that comes on for no reason. MRIs and X-rays of my lower back don't really give any indication of why
there are days when i cannot walk upright and scream when my car hits a big bump in the road.  Is there
any way this could be linked to Chiari?  Having been diagnosed several years ago, one would think i would
be well-versed in Chiari-related issues, but like i said, I was treated for migraines and Chiari just wasn't really
talked about or acknowledged as the cause for my nearly constant and often debilitating headaches.