Chiari Malformation Community
Chiari pain 10 months post op

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Chiari pain 10 months post op

I had my decompression with duraplasty in Feb. and the past month I have had very few painless or bearable days. up until around the 9 months post op mark i was doing amazing but i cant seem to shake the pain lately. any tips on pain management and has anyone else had this problem post op. i know that surgery is a treatment not a cure but my pain is terrible, i am a 18 year old female.

Hi....well it depends on what type of pain and where it is ....

Is it the same pain u had b4 surgery? Is it HA's.......what do u do during the day that has changed recently...daily activities?

Sometimes the pain can come from over doing it, or it is the nerves coming back to life..sometimes they over respond and this is y we have pain...with time it should settle down, but it depends on u and what u r doing as well,

It can take up to 2 yrs for the nerves to heal completely so u will see changes as times goes on, and some changes u may not notice.....
The_beat_goes_on commented on gjjl's status
gjjl have to have an MRI with a ... Comment
Feb 06
Georgiag111 commented on photo
Feb 06