Aa
A
A
Close
Chiari pain relief
I was hoping that someone would be able to suggest some type of pain relief other than acetametaphin or ibuprofen. I am really struggling with the pain in my neck & base of the head. My new Cine-MRI is not until Feb.8 & followup neurosurgeon appt. on Feb.14...started with numbness & tingling under my right arm today & the "foggy",dry, inflammed feeling in my eyes has gotten worse over the last couple of days. Can someone please help me??? This is all very new & VERY overwhelming!!! I am in so much pain!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

First thing u can do to help pain from Chiari is to try to relax....we do have a thread on the forum of diff techniques .....

A warm soak, or a heating pad may help...but we all have to learn our limitations....and do things in moderation to help avoid triggering a bad HA....

Chiari symptoms tend to cycle...u may be in a flare....u do need to try to relax the best u can as stress will only make u feel worse.

I hope this is of some help...the waiting is always the worse part....

"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1451338 tn?1413478623
I find that anything that helps to take the pressure off the back of my head helps. My best relief is laying in the bath tub with a towel under my head, kind of floating. If I can't do that, than laying on a soft pillow. Any vertical position is BAD for me! I also use Excedrin Migraine as soon as I start feeling the pain creeping up. Sometimes it helps to keep it dull, sometimes not. Hope you find some relief!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had good luck with taking naproxen and putting an ice pack on my neck.  It would take the edge off for awhile at least.  Good luck!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Nacht246 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 22
19045496 tn?1471569354
Blank
Rosemary2848 joined this community
Welcome them!
Aug 18
Blank
beautyinbrokenness added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
Aug 17
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank