Chiari pain relief
I was hoping that someone would be able to suggest some type of pain relief other than acetametaphin or ibuprofen. I am really struggling with the pain in my neck & base of the head. My new Cine-MRI is not until Feb.8 & followup neurosurgeon appt. on Feb.14...started with numbness & tingling under my right arm today & the "foggy",dry, inflammed feeling in my eyes has gotten worse over the last couple of days. Can someone please help me??? This is all very new & VERY overwhelming!!! I am in so much pain!

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

First thing u can do to help pain from Chiari is to try to relax....we do have a thread on the forum of diff techniques .....

A warm soak, or a heating pad may help...but we all have to learn our limitations....and do things in moderation to help avoid triggering a bad HA....

Chiari symptoms tend to cycle...u may be in a flare....u do need to try to relax the best u can as stress will only make u feel worse.

I hope this is of some help...the waiting is always the worse part....

"selma"
I find that anything that helps to take the pressure off the back of my head helps. My best relief is laying in the bath tub with a towel under my head, kind of floating. If I can't do that, than laying on a soft pillow. Any vertical position is BAD for me! I also use Excedrin Migraine as soon as I start feeling the pain creeping up. Sometimes it helps to keep it dull, sometimes not. Hope you find some relief!!!
I had good luck with taking naproxen and putting an ice pack on my neck.  It would take the edge off for awhile at least.  Good luck!!!