Chiari Malformation Community
Chiari?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Chiari?

Okay sorry im new to this so bare with me. Back in 2007 I had gotten into a accident (head trauma) and went to the doctors because I was having really bad head aches and didn't really know what was going on around me. So I went to go see Dr. after Dr. and they kept saying it was a migraine and put me through a ct scan and they said everything was fine. my cousin at this time was working as a MA and so i went to her doctors and they sent me for an MRI(in 2008) and they called me immediately after the appointment said that Cerebellum Tonsils were herniated at 3-4mm and said they would continue to grow but not to worry about it that much as long as the symptoms were mild. so i have been to the ER because the pain was unbearableone time and i got a CT scan and the said everything looked fine which that was 7-8 months ago. So everything kinda comes and goes the head aches are unbearable and feels like someone is stabbing the back of my head and my neck hurts 24/7 also a few months ago my whole entire scalp was numb and the next day it hurt to brush my hair. I also see the floaters and the flashing lights but also kinda like snowflakes lately(the last 7 months) alot of my muscles hurt (ex. knees, shoulders, neck, forearm, legs) Im only 23 and this cant be normal but sorry im a little scattered i was seeing a psychiatrist a few months back and i told her about how i got the injury and some of the symptoms and suggested to look into Arnold-Chiari Malformation and was the first one that didn't say it was a head ache(sorry wanted to add that in so anyway i also  cant sleep at night but have not been diagnosed with sleep apnea. and sometimes not alll the time my heart will start racing while im sitting down watching tv. if anyone can think of anything or if this sound right to be Chiari any information would be great thanks for your time

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Many of the symptoms u mentioned even the insomnia is chiari....and it is hard to get a dx and treatment when ur herniation is less then 5mm, but and I say BUT, Chiari is not ur herniation it is the malformation of ur skull...the herniation is a result of the space being too small to contain the cerebral tonsils.
Next u need a CINE MRI to see if u have a CSF obstruction....u also want to find out if u have a syrinx in the thoracic, lumbar or cervical spine....also ne disk issues, tethered cord, scoliosis, ICP, POTS, ehlers-danlos....

I see u r in Pittsburg,....there is a Dr Benjjani (sp) and he is a Chiari specialist...see our Drs list for more info on him, correct spelling...lol... and other Drs u may want to see  to compare info...do research the Drs and educate urself on this condition and the related conditions.

And know u r not alone : )
The_beat_goes_on commented on This is the song that...
Jun 26
This is the song that never ends
Jun 25 by The_beat_goes_on
skrowe is ...looking for answers. Comment
Jun 23