Chiari Malformation Community
Chiari's Evil Narcissistic Grip

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Chiari's Evil Narcissistic Grip

When one breaks their leg it affects their life severely for a time. It may effect one or two others that have to help them for a few weeks till the leg heals. Such is true of so many of life's medical difficulties.Most affect the victim in a moderate to severe manner for a time and effect close family and or friends for a short time.

Chiari seems to be more like a terminal illness. The effect on others close to us seems to be more of an affect in that it's impact is long term and can be serious.

We are compelled to spend so much of our time, perhaps inadvertantly, focused on 'how to feel better' that we don't always give enough attention to how our struggle is affecting those we love. Those that truly love a victim of any medical issue that reaches it's grip so far and wide as does CM can not help but to be affected. Perhaps that is why some are afraid to stick around??? We all have breaking points and will continue to so long as we remain imperfect mortal homo sapiens. Our loved ones are the same, they can nurture and care about and for us only so much before they become the one in need.

So this is just a thought to all you caring Mother's, Father's, siblings, Wive's and Husbands out there reading this list so as to better understand what your Loved one is dealing with. We do truly appreciate you for what you do and we do Love you for caring enough to... well care. Thank You! But please, do not forget to take the time to care for yourself. A leaky bucket will run out of water  if it's not refilled. An empty wallet doesn't refill itself, etc.

Chiari wants things it's own way no matter what.

CW - Just tired and wanted to share thoughts rambling through my head with others who perhaps may need to hear them.
Thanks so much for this.  Having Chiari is hard for us to understand let alone our family.  As an example.  Yesterday I went to apologize to my DH because I had to go lay down before going to a family gathering and his reply was. "I understand".  Go lay down.  Sometimes I don't understand having chairi myself, and it does affected everyone around us.  I think God put me through this journey to see this.  I always was the giver, doer, and now I see it is O.K. to have others care for us.  We care for each other.  I love and appreciate all who deal with sisuations we don't understand because of LOVE.  Hope you had a Merry Christmas.  I know I was thankful for my time with family.
Linda :)

Hi Bro....Merry Christmas!!

So true, our families do so much for us and it maay be difficult for us to see thru the chiari fog when they r in need....and we do need to let them know just how much we appreciate them for all they do.(even if it is not the way we might have done it if we could).....

Love, Appreciate and Validate all those u love in ur life while they r still with u <3

sis
I needed this reminder to show and tell my family, especially my husband, how much I appreciate their support. I could not have made it this far without them. Thank you for reminding us to appreciate the things (and people) we do have and not what we have not.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!
I also needed this.
In the midst of long ongoing agony as I lay carefully on a few bed soars with tears in my eyes,trying and praying for a little relief...
Indeed very well put,I hope it touches many.

:-) Thankfulness is perhaps one of Life's greatest gifts.
Thankfulness and compassion.  Although I have always had empathy for those diagnosed with ongoing medical conditions (lupus, MS, diabetes, etc.) I did not really understand their day to day struggles.  Now that I have my own day to day struggles, I better understand what they deal with just to make it through the day sometimes.  Although I have a lot to deal with, I cannot appreciate my parents more for all the suport they have given me through the years.  They may not always understand, but they are there for me when I need them the most.  I really can't ask for more.
Linda :)