Chiari Malformation Community
Cine study/Exercise/ A/O chiro treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Happy Valentine's Day all! Love makes a major difference in one's ability to face this horrible uphill battle called Chiari. I see a lot about the cine study element and I'm wondering where you all have had these done?

Not that I actually could currently, but I'm also wondering if exercise is contra-indicated with regards to Chiari.

Im curious if anyone has had good, long lasting relief from A/O Chiropractic treatment?

Lastly, have any of you experienced myoclonus as a result of your chiari??

Thanks so much!
Tags: cine

Hi...yes, without  our loved ones where would we be?....we need the love and  support of family and friends to help get thru this and y this forum is so vital to all of us.

As for the  Myoclonus, this is very common with many of us....most refer to it as twitches and jerks of the arm, leg or facial muscles.....but  it is all the same thing...the nerves are affected by the compression of the brain stem and  even some nerves get pinched....so, ne issue involving a nerve is not so unexpected.

To ur exercise, we all need to move, but to be careful in the type of movements we do...straining is not good, and certain positions and types of exercise may cause more issues then benefits.many times it can just be the increase heart rate that will trigger the HA.

As for a chiropractor, they r frowned upon for those with chiari as the manual manipulations r not good for the neck...and can make things worse.

I did have a CINE MRI done, I called around and found that the one location that did my other MRI studies also was able to do this for my NS.....

"selma"
selmaS, and soccero commented on soccero's status
Jul 31
selmaS, and soccero commented on ChiariWolf's status
Jul 31
ChiariWolf ABSOLUTELY hates Drs who th... Comment
Jul 31