Desperate Need of NS
I am writing because I am trying to find a dependable NS. I was going to go to the Cleveland Clinc and see Dr. Mark Lucino but the Clinic does not take out of state Medicaid any longer. I am having extreme issues and need an MRI soon as Possible I live in Indiana...and really don't trust any Doc's around here...Any Suggestions..anyone know of a specialist in the Chicago area?

Hi...have u looked at our list? I know there is a Dr Frim in Chicago.....but there may be more on the list.....http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=186

Sorry u could not go to CC.....another possibility would be the clinical trials?
Thank you, I am going to check the list out and hopefully find someone that I trust, you know this is our life and I want a NS that completely understands my condition. And what are the clinical trials never heard of it?

There is a group of Drs that do surgery and record the results as a way to get data...many that can not afford to get to a Chiari specialist go this route as it is fully paid for...if u r accepted into the trial..they may monitor u for some time afterward....they may want someone with Chiari and syringomyelia, or with EDS...to see what the effects of certain dura patches are etc.....

It is a well respected Chiari Dr that heads this up in MD.....

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/
Thank you for the info..I learn something new everyday...I'm going to check this out.

We have a few members that have participated in the trials so if u post about that u may get more info as to how it worked for them.....

Good Luck : )