Do I need a 3rd Surgery for Chiari?
I'm new to this website.my brief history.......I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation in Feburary 2012. My cerebellular tonsils extend 2.4 cm below the foramen magnum. I had my fist decompression surgery on March 28, 2012.  Two weeks later i had hand surgery. Then.....the patch covering my brain leaked......so 7 weeks to the day that I had my first decompression surgery.... on May 9, 2012 I had a 2nd surgery to repair the CSF leak. I was recovering this summer and then on August 5, 2012 I had two seizures. I had numerous tests done to check my brain and also was put on anti seizure medicine for a month. The Dr could not conclusively fine a definite reason for the seizures and also started second guessing I'd indeed hey we're seizures. So in the middle of September life was getting back to normal. I was playing tennis and tore the meniscus on both sides of my right knee. So 3 weeks ago I had knee surgery to repair the meniscus. But in the last 4 weeks my original symptoms :  headache, waking with numb arms, neck pain, shoulder pain, face pain.... Have returned. I ams scared......and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this type of situation.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

It is possible to develop seizures post op...y, no one really understands, and it is a mystery as to y some have post op issues like ur leak, but it does seem that many have EDS but were not aware of it b4 surgery....

What did they do to repair ur leak?

I am shocked u r playing tennis...it may be a bit too much as ur nerves are still healing...we r all different as to how we heal and how we will be affected by this condition, but I would suggest to slow down a bit and get in touch with ur NS and find out what is going on.

Did u have a post op MRI?
Yes I had a MRI in August. What is EDS ?

EDS is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome it is a connective tissue disorder and a related condition to Chiari....it can cause us to bruise easy, slow to heal, some are hyper mobile do joints can move in and out of joint causing joint and muscle pains....it can also cause cerviocranial instability....it can also cause us to develop allergies to meds or meds can lose effectiveness....along with allergies we can reject foreign matter such as some of the dura patches that are used so we can develop leaks or infections....