Chiari Malformation Community
Does this mean the disk could be bulging or herinated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

There is a mild reversal of the normal lordosis of the cervical spine from C2 to C7.Borderline prominent deep cervical lymph nodes incidentally noted at C3 through C5 level of the mid neck. Could this mean the disk is bulging or herniated?
Hi and welcome to the chiari forum.

Since this is a support forum, and I do not have a medical background I am not able to answer that.

I do know that the mild reversal of the cervical lordosis can be positional....ie- u were lying down during the MRI...it can also be the result from an injury such as a MVA, whiplash...even stress.

Do u also have chiari malformation??

Medhelp does have a back and neck forum where u can other members that may have a similar issue. There are members here that may also have the same issue, but we tend to focus on chiari and chisri related conditions.

"selma"
Cervical lordisis is simply your cervical curve.  Bulging discs occur when you have degenerative disc disease.  The discs degenerate and flatten out.  they can then irritate the nerve roots if the bulge to the side or the cord itself if they bulge to the rear.  A straightening of the lordic (natural) curve is a precurser to degeneration and flattened bulging discs.  you should also know that we develop the curves of our neck and lumbar areas (lordic) and the curve of the mid back we are born with (Kyphotic).  we should all take extra care of our spinal joints!  the prominent lymph nodes are another issue.  that sounds like something biological going on and not mechanical.
Reversal of the Cervical Lordosis can be serious if it is severe like mine was.  A mild reversal is likely due to a car accident.  A cervical curve is normal but a reversal is opposite of the way it should be facing.  I had it so severely I looked like a hunchback with my neck and had to have corrective surgery to fix it.  I had 3 ruptured discs and 1 bulging as well.  Different things can cause it, but mine was caused by degenerative disc disease.  I also have Chiari Malformation and had to have the fusion surgery for DDD and reversal of lordosis before they could do the decompression surgery.

Lori