Don't cause yourself a set back!
Since I have been having no pain since mid December from the acupuncture, I thought I'd go jogging get my heart up and pumping away! I felt great while jogging (only a half mile) and even after. It wasn't until the next afternoon that I started hurting like crazy. After trying to suck it up for a few days, I went into the ER for a scan, which showed some cerebellular edema and I had muscle spasms. I had taken a steroid pack, muscle relaxers and pain meds. I'm finally feeling better after 2 weeks. It had been over 10 months since my second surgery, but that wasn't long enough! I'm going to get a bicycle and ride ONLY up my street for a while. Then I'll build up to riding all over! Please go slow in your ventures to be active again! I'm not as magic as I thought I was! hahaha
Rhea
Oh thats what we have to learn. I am always overdoing and rushing myself into things I souldnt do...u ll pay for it afterwards I am 2 weeks post op fusion...we get visit today...and what do I do...clean the house...n need to say how I feel right now...we have to take it really easy

Hi I am so sorry u had to learn the hard way...so many rush to get back to the activities they love and it can cause set backs....I am not saying do not do that or this bcuz I have no idea,.....I do know this  can happen I have seen it over and over again.....just bcuz we feel better does not mean we can go back to old routines and activities,

I would even caution u with the bike...only bcuz of the handle bars and the position it puts u in.....u may want to get a recumbent bike for now...and just walk outdoors....JMHO
Thank you ladies! Selma! I found a great little place that has a hybrid bike! I'm so excited! It allows you to sit up straight like a cruiser, but has gears to shift for control of speed! I haven't gotten it yet because I'd be too tempted to take it out before I'm all healed! :P
There is also a new style bike that has the seat further back to allow the legs to be fully extended. It sits lower to the ground and you sit straight up with the handle bars coming close to you! Virtually no strain on the neck or shoulders! I didn't like it as much as the hybrid.
This may be because this little shop customizes bikes, so he can chose what handle bars to use and such. So neat!

Wow sounds very interesting....u will have to post pics of these bikes u r talking about....

Glad u found ones that will not add to the strain and pressure of the neck and shoulders....