Dr Carl B Heilman
wow, i cannot say enough good things about this NS. holy cow. i have never walked out of a dr's office so confident and at ease in my life. i spent over an hour with him. not only was his bedside manner amazing, but he made me feel like i was being listened to for once in my life! he spent over an hour explaining what is going on in my head, what surgery can do for me, all aspects of the surgery and recovery, and went over what i was seeing on the mri image.
he said there is a deff 9mm herniation. that my right side is a bit lower than my left. and he said just by looking at the images that there is a deff blockage. he said that i am deff a surgical candidate as well. he went over what he would be doing, how long the surgery will be, he answered all of my questions in detail. he said with my case there will be an 80%-90% success rate. he is very confident in that the surgery will help. so it will be scheduled in march. ill know the exact date either today or tomorrow.
i am so beyond happy with this dr. i feel like i am in very good hands. (he is the chairman of neurosurgery at tufts as well) there is just an incredible weight lifted off my shoulders. sure i am nervous and scared, (i mean it IS brain surgery!) but im more relieved than anything. he actually joked around with me and asked "so are you ready to be a zipperhead?" lol. i am SO ready for this! bring it on chiari!

Fantastic news !!! SO glad for u...it is shuch a difference when u find the right Dr...and one that is a chiari specialist....and this Dr has a very good rep, as he has been to Chiari seminars to speak....

Keep us posted...and post ur surgical date in the surgical date thread : )
I am very glad you found a doctor that you feel comfortable with.  It makes alot of difference when this happens.  I felt the same way, my NS was confident about mine but said cause he had not done one this is who he reccomends.  That is a good doctor when he doesn't let ego get in the way of your health.
wonderful news! Sounds like an amazing team in his office. Best of wishes to you on your surgery!
i will deff keep everyone posted! i am in LOVE with this NS. and so confident in his ability and ive only met the man once lol
I have been researching specialists to evaluate my case. I have a chiari 1 malformation with 9mm herniation. I am planning on asking my neurologist to send my records to him to look at to evaluate. So glad you are happy with this doctor and it gives me faith in pursuing him for my case. Good luck!