Chiari Malformation Community
Exhaustion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Exhaustion

How many of you get exhaustion to the point where you can't do anything after a certain point? I have about 6 hours and then thats it, I have to nap, it's like I don't have a choice. It's so hard with a little 6 year old as most of you know all too well. After the surgery, how long until you feel up to doing light housework etc...? Does your fatigue get any better after surgery? Sending good vibes...
hi there-
i had my surgery is Feb 10 and still find myself fatigued on most days. i used to work a 12 hr shift come home to take care of the two little girls and make sure i was at the gym before my  7 am roll call the next morning. it was exhausting then!!
i take vitamins ans steer clear of narcotiocs during the day. some of your meds could be making you sleepy too. try taking them at different times if the day ***if your docs is okay with that"

hope this helped a little
Jilian

Ah the fatigue, I know that one all to well, it's one of my worst symptoms, I'm actually sitting at the hospital waiting to see a Cfs/fibromylegia specialist right now, I'm always tierd but can't get a good sleep ever, my legs are so heavy it effects my walking, can't stand for more than 30 mins, headaches just floor me. I've gone from full time work to part time work in 4 months to having to hand my notice in. It's *****, I try to eat well, I don't go out half as much as I used to, I drink lots of fluids and have stopped taking codeine as much.   Having any illness that your body is constantly fighting will makes us more tierd. Xx
On a good day I have about 5 hours, then it's like  I hit a brick wall. I will seriously almost fall asleep standing up at that point. I'm lucky that my 3 year old still takes naps. I have to take a nap or I will end up unbelievably sick, unable to function at all. I missed my oldest daughter's orchestra concert last week because I didn't get a nap in the afternoon. I crashed! I couldn't even walk, I was so dizzy and sick. A 2 hour nap, and I felt tons better. I'm glad I missed it now actually, because by the time my Hubby and other kids got to the auditorium, it was standing room only. My back, legs, etc would never have managed. Id have been way too miserable to enjoy it.

Fatigue has been my killer symptom too. I have autoimmune arthritis too, but the fatigue I had the past few years from that is nothing compared to what I suffer through now.
Thanks everyone. Good to feel surrounded by others who know what I feel. On the outside you look fine - but on the inside - OY VEY!!!!
yup.....never feel rested from a nights sleep....but always had to push thru to get to the end of my day....I was fine when I was younger, but the oder I got the harder it was to push on, especially doing 70 hour work weeks.....it did me in and I also think that is y my symptoms flared  at that point in time...I was on overload.

SO do listen to ur body...and rest when u need to.