Chiari Malformation Community
FRIDAY'S FRIBBLE ~

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

FRIDAY'S FRIBBLE ~

Fribble-    noun

a person who wastes time
                 any trifling act or thought
                                  intransitive verb fribbled frib′·bled, fribbling frib′·bling

to waste

This is just for fun....to waste time.....ect.....
well Thursday....I went to have my fitting with my dress for DD's wedding....got my hair cut oh and a pair of earrings...I feel relieved I got that done...now to find a pair of shoes....

just wanted to let u know where I have been...and to remind u all I have not disappeared....but may appear absent until after DD's wedding Oct 1st.

"selma"
Well I am so glad u were able to go do that Selma.  And in case I don't talk to u before. (I am sure I will u don't stay away long). Hope ur DD has a great day and u are able to enjoy it

Today a tornado went through or town.   It went right across the street from our house and tore up trees and stop signs.  We were lucky and were not home at the time. (we were wasting time driving put in the country enjoying the warm fall day).  All the damage we got was a broken window and the blinds in that room were blown around and of course our yard is littered with debri.    How crazy.   Now I know why my head hurt so darn bad.  Lol. Weather is almost predictable with chiari.  

On a side note. It didn't look like any houses were effected. The roads and some cars but all the really bad places were empty buisness and parking lots. One porch got a tree but the house seemed spared. Have to assess better when power comes back tomorrow.  No street lights
I always said I felt like a walking barometer : )

Thanks...I hope so too!!...doing the flowers is the next big thing I need to do, and I hope all the work b4 hand is not going to be too much that I am in pain for the day.....but I know I will be able to enjoy it...I do have help and have to remind myself to let them help...lol...

Glad to hear u didn't have too much damage : )
Went on a nice little stroll with my dog this morning, it is so nice it is starting to cool down that, to 105 that is. It is so nice to be able to get outside for a little while before overheating. Selma so glad to her you were able to get so much done, and good luck with the flowers. Don't forget to ask for help if you need it.
Lu so glad there was not a whole lot of damage, I don't live in an area where we have any sort of natural disasters but I am sure that must be scary to see some of hat happens.
Selma...I got June done...I know you will be so proud ;) I hope you are getting some help with the flowers!

Yep that's what I did for today...bookkeeping (boo!)...though at least I didn't have a tornado, never even seen one before. I'm really glad to hear that no one got hurt!

Carolyn....JUNE????comeon...u had that done, Don't u mean Aug???? LMAO.....

Yes, I have help...no worries...an old boss of mine has offered to help FREE !!! She owns her own floral shop...that's how she was my boss....and my friend I did hte Mary Poppins Bday paintings for...her cousin is also a florist and helping me...a barter for helping her with another wedding ....lol....And I know my DH will be there to do all the lifting and grunt work.

Glad u got ur bookwork  caught up : P
oops...actually it was July..I was behind myself. August is coming up next...really..

YEA!! for having help!!
LOL...I knew June was done already...LMAO.....

Yeah I know, DH just got the cooler up and running....yeah for that....I have  a cooler that works after all these yrs....it needed a new motor on the coolant fan...soooooooo glad it was not the compressor or that it was out of coolant.

Now on the the next item.....
He he he...sounds like my DH...it take him a few years to get things done and when he does I almost have a heart attack!!! I still have a hole in the ceiling from 2 years ago that he cut out to fix a leaky pipe...sigh...
Posting this tonight in case I forget tomorrow....

The weather is BEAUTIFUL in good old BC!! How about the rest of you?

My tomatoes are still on the vine and the risk may have been worth it :)

Carolyn
I am excited for a few new projects I am going to be working on...glad  all the swelling of my feet is gone...and I pray I know when to stop next time to avoid it....lol....

I am thinking of creating bridal head pieces and veils as a way to make money...and I would love feed back on my DD's ......she wanted a vintage feel to it and I feel I captured the feeling...plus, it was a way for her to wear my dress as I took lace from the bodice of my dress for cover the cap.

Am excited to get feed back...
it was wonderful and i think you should go for it!!!!

i know it's only thursday but here is my friday fribble!

the flees have fled!!!!   they got sprayed, then bombed.  the cats got a 12hr kill pill, 1mo. advantage rub down and in one week the exterminator will come back and do the house again.  at that time, i will have my pussys shaved BALD!!!  NO MORE FLEES IN MY HOUSE!!!!  LOL!!!!!  dog has been pilled, dipped, clipped and sent to visit grandma and the kids are on the way to visit me.  but now we have....NO MORE FLEES!!!!!  LOL!
I know i tis Thursday here...lol....but some of our friends in other areas of the world r on Friday already....lol....

I am sooooooooo glad u got the flees to flee....LMAO.....what a relief : )

Thanks...I really want something, that I can do and not get my feet into the situation I had with DD's wedding....

I appreciate the feed back Lizzy  : )
hey...no luck with the cotton in the local area, by the way.  looks like i may have to order it online.  is there a store you prefer?  or do you just want to pick it out and send me the link and i'll have it shipped directly to you?
Hmmmmmm....let me look around and I will get back to u...I should be home all day Monday....so I should be able to get it done : )
ok
so how is everyone?

I pray everyone had  as painless a week as possible and can enjoy their weekend....
On the up and up (FINALLY feeling better:)..

Very quiet and peaceful weekend coming up...DS and DH are at camp so I only have two and I don't even have to make normal meals!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend too!

Carolyn
FRIDAYS FRIBBLE..
I WAS DOWN WITH A MIGRAINE FOR AWHILE ON WED,AND FOR AWHILE ON THUR,HAD A STORM COME THROUGH,I WISH MY FRIENDS AND SO CALLED FRIENDS WOULD READ THIS PAGE,THEY THINK I'M CRAZY SAYING I KNOW WHEN IT'S GONNA RAIN/STORM.I HEARD SOME OF THEM SAY I JUST WANT THEM TO FEEL SORRY FOR ME! KNOW I WANT THEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT I'M NOT CRAZY AND THIS IS REAL! ANYWAYS,HOPEFULLY IT'LL BE A NICE FRIDAY AND I'LL GET SOME LAUNDRY DONE,HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT ONE TOO!
well...this week I will ramble on about how I am going to be MIA on Friday...I am going  to be working on a wedding with a friend that helped me with DD's.....

I am looking forward to being creative, not too sure if my feet will swell again....????

Praying everyone has a great weekend!!!

<3
"selma"
Overall it's been an "ok" couple of days. Odd things like dropping an entire bowl of spaghetti in my daughter's dance bag and then 5 minutes later dropping an entire bottle of coffee mate on the floor, walking into walls, and such. WEIRD.
Now just dealing with the swarm of butterflies that seem to have taken over my stomach in anticipation of meeting the new NL tomorrow...
Selma...well enjoy your creativity and try to do things that keep you off your feet!! I think it is great that you are doing this and keeping your hobbies alive :)

Steph- I'm with you...I usually spend an extra 10 minutes each morning cleaning up all the things off the floor that were supposed to land in my kids lunchboxes. Then, of course, the memory thing where I mix up their lunches and then I hear the complaining when they get home... To that I respond..you could make it yourself you know!! It's amazing how the complaining stops. My family is used to my "issues" now (as my 12 yr old son calls them- not sure if I like the description!)

For myself, I have a playdate at the swimming pool, caramel apples to make and then the dreaded bottle drive on Sunday!! I'm sure I will be very tired...but I am so happy just to be able to maintain my life again :)

Take care everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Carolyn
Everyone is gone now...just me and the two cats.if I leave the heat off maybe they'll get cold and want to come cuddle.  They seem to know I'm sick and are keeping their distance! Either that or my sleep has been too restless for them to get their sleep!  Cough medicine can make you very happy if you get confused and take a dose a little earlier than you should....: )
ok...Friday this week..I am going to NJ to work on another wedding.....this one is pumpkins.....I am going to dress them like a bride and a groom for the escort table....I will take pics., but wanted to let u all know where I am : )

I will be MIA today...sorry...have fun and fribble the day away : P
well I am staying home this week...those last 2 weeks did me in....

I am wondering who puts up a fresh tree?....this will be the first time in 32 yrs I am going to put up an artificial tree....

I go for the artificial tree, to much bother cleaning up those pine needles after.

Hummmm that reminds me...must get the chimney cleaned, dont want the big man getting soot in his beard lol  
Not sure what belongs in Friday Fribbles, but it seems like anything!
I just had to chime in on the Christmas tree discussion! I moved last weekend.. and I asked the boyfriend to haul the tree out for me.  When we came back to the room to get more stuff... right where the tree was sitting.. sat a snake!!! (in my Finished basement!) I am deathly afraid of snakes! I learned that even with chiari.. i can still scream and run like he**!!!  Soo.. now its time to buy a new tree cuz a snake touched the old one lol  And i think I mite put it up this weekend cuz i love sitting at nights with only the xmas lights on in the living room. So pretty and relaxing!! Definitely my favorite time of year!
Ray...wish I had a chimney to clean out, I would love to have a fire , and  mantel to hang stockings...sigh...not so much the cleaning part tho...lmao

Lovely...Friday fribbles r just that...this or that or nething....lol....I choose Christmas trees to see what everyone else does.....
I can not imagine a snake inside, or outside for that matter....yuck....
well I got my Christmas cards done...I have one I am waiting on a new address...does neone else send out cards....
I told my DH he has to get the right # of stamps this yr tho...last yr he did not get nuff so some cards were never sent even tho I wrote them....very scrooge like..... : (
so we all know my plate has come loose.....anyone want to venture a guess as to where the screw might be?  gives new meaning to having a screw loose, huh?!  lol!
I send Christmas Cards or at least Anne-Marie dose lol, she is a big Christmas fan and gets caught up in the atmosphere much more so than I do.....

lol having a screw loose now that dose explain a lot. You could use a Metal Detector as a last resort.
Makes you wonder, how could something so serious can be allowed to happen in this day and age?
lol....something i've been wondering myself, ray!  still waiting on an explanation on that one...
hmmmm...metal detector.  maybe i'll go rent one today!  lmao!
Lizzy just go tot the airport...they r willing to look u all over...LMAO.....they r very thorough!!
lol..not a bad idea!
LOL..They body scanned me not just once but TWICE and then I find out later that picture they see of you is you virtually naked!!! Thankfully I didn't find that out till after!!! Stupid...I forget on the way back to Canada to take out these bottles filled with juice and they pulled me to the side and I thought..oh no..they are going to lock me in a room or something!! Freaky but I made it into Canada ok!!

And no...I do not carry on my mother's tradition and send out Christmas cards... but I do hand them out to family when I see them and if I'm really good, I even put pics of the kids inside!!

Hope everyone is doing ok...Lizzy I can't believe that about the screw...totally unacceptable. I hope they figure it out soon!

Miss you guys...hopefully I will around more in the future!

Carolyn
OMG...I didn't see this post from last week...sorry I missed that...do u think those pics were posted on the web???

Glad u made it home Carolyn....lol....

I am still waiting on my postage stamps...DH  always makes me wait...just like drs....lol....
Ok...my Cards were mailed...one came back postage due..lol...DH tried...

I am still waiting on the tree....I am still working on gifts, and hope to start baking soon.

How is everyone else doing??
Cards sent, well most of them. Tree is up, gifts wrapped  and as for the baking well I will leave that to someone else, I tend to forget to turn on the oven lol.

Carolyn,I have been reading about this new scanning thing in the Airports, smacks of personal violation to me but I guess with all the terror threats in todays world it is a case of needs must

Ray.
Yeah Ray...that's the thing..I definitely feel better being on a plane that I know everyone has been checked. Mind you, I kept getting scanned and they were letting lots of other people just go through the metal detector...I guess I looked dangerous of something..LOL..However, when I was watching how they were doing the pat downs on TV, I was glad I went for the scan!!!

I have about 80% of my Christmas shopping done and that's about it!! I am working on getting a tree this weekend and pulling out the decorations. My middle son is really nagging on me to get it done so he can get in the spirit!! So I'm hoping I can do that for him.. Now it's off to his class Xmas party :)

Carolyn