Chiari Malformation Community
Facial Pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Facial Pain?

For the past three nights I've been having terrible pains in my face! Anyone else have this? Is it Chiari related? And what is it?

Having Chiari can cause pains newhere @ netime...so it is most likely Chiari related.

I had a lot of pains in my jaw, throat as well as neck and HA's.....we can have them ne where....

All I can suggest is relax rest...as best u can and allow this flare to calm down...so no lifting etc....rest, rest and then rest some more.,
Trigeminal Neuralgia is a nasty feeling in the face... by 'nasty' I mean it is sometimes referred as the worst pain known to humans!  I have it & I know other Chiarians with it, too.  It doesn't mean this is for sure what is causing your pain, it's just a suggestion.  As we all know, ANYTHING can happen when you have a Chiari Malformation!  
More an more symptoms every week! I can't sleep at night and then sleep all day! Slept for 2 hours last night and couldn't get back to sleep....ugh!

Sleep was one of the worst things I had to deal with too, bcuz the less sleep u get the more symptoms flare....

Talk to ur Dr about sleep aids....

I found that the reg formula of antihistamines help me sleep and I am sleeping pretty good since taking them, they also help my PND and reflux as a result...so more then a 2 fer for me......
I take two different  antihistamines on a daily basis for so many allergies already.  Any other suggestions would be helpful? I've told my pcp but he didn't suggest anything!

Do u know if the ones u take cause drowsiness? If not get one that does and take that one b4 bed....and use the non drowsy during the day....ask ur Dr about it....it may not work for u like it has for me...but may be worth a try.

Try different pillows and position to sleep in...I was told to make sure I did not bend my head down that my chin was close to my chest as that can pinch things off.....