Food allergies/sensitivities
When my son saw Dr Bolognese, he told him to watch for food sensitivities as in some patients this can worsen CM symptoms. We thought this was very strange - what would one have to do with the other.

Then my son had 3 really bad days symptomwise and in thinking about it, he had eaten a lot of avocado on those 3 days so has avoided them. He's now 3 months post-op and had a bad day earlier this week out of the blue, it didn't seem to be related to activity and he got thinking about the food sensitivities again (he had chocolate ice cream for breakfast).

Have any of you discovered a connection between a particular food that you eat and worsening of symptoms?

Thanks!

Hi, not so much food allergies...but PND and weather for me...but I did notice a change in foods I prefer ...things I use to eat all the time I can not longer stand the smell of....so I found that odd.

I did not have food allergies b4.....but have developed allergies to some  meds.....
Hi, I haven't been on here in a long time but I have great news to share!  And I'm thrilled to find a post saying Dr. Bolognese agrees :)

I've been stuck on meds (Diamox) for the last 3-4 years.  It's the only thing that works and my doctors are happy with that...I won't be happy until I'm a perfectly healthy 25 year old :)  I spend a lot of my free time trying to make myself healthier overall so that maybe I can get a handle on these CM symptoms.  Diamox decreases pressure in your brain, so I've been focusing on natural/lifestyle alternatives...like better diet, weight loss, exercise etc.  I'm sure you all know how tough exercise & weight loss is when your head hurts.  

I read something a few weeks ago about food allergies, inflammation, and headaches.  I just had to try it since I had food sensitivities as a kid.  And here's the great news – I'm gluten free and Diamox free!  It's only been a week or so but I am so happy!!  Before I would get messed up if I missed even one day of meds.  I'm not 100%...I'm a little dizzy sometimes, my head hurts if I do too much, but I am sooooo much better!  So maybe it's like Dr. Bolognese says....food allergies make symptoms worse.  

Now I know some will say don't get too excited, this could just be symptoms cycling.  I agree, though my symptoms have never cycled, but I'll take a week of feeling great and being off meds anytime :)  I'll have to post an update in a month or so if this keeps working.

This is something everyone can try safely so long as you maintain a healthy diet.  Though obviously talk to your dr before changing meds.  Keep a journal of your symptoms and what you eat.  It may only help a little, and maybe for only a few people, but it's worth trying!  

Hi Nice to see u again....We do have a list of Anti Inflammatory foods which can help with with HA's caused by pressure.So in addition to food allergies or sensitivities these things can add fluid and pressure...so ne thing we can do to help reduce it is helpful.

I am glad the diamox is helping u and pray it continues to .

I was also told posture is very important for all of us...and was suggested to try Feldenkrais....unfortunately there r no classes in my area and I have yet to make head nor tails of the books on the topic....so u may want to see if this is something offered in ur area.