Frequent urination
Another thing I have noticed lately is that I have to urinate much more than I ever did!  I could go all night without having to get up...I could play 18 holes of golf, and while everyone was hitting the bathrooms on the course...I was "cool, calm and collected".  Now, I'm up 3-4 times a night...and gong twice as much during the day than I ever did before.  I have read articles that this can be related to the Chiari....Nothing else has changed...no change in meds, not drinking anymore than usual....
Hey... join the club on this one.  I think alot of us complain about peeing like we are pregnant.  I know I go constantly.  Leaning forward when the stream stops helps me to get the rest out.  Most times as soon as I stand up I feel like I could go again.  Urodynamics that are likely to be ordered will tell what is causing this exactly.  I have had the term used "neurogenic bladder"  So you are not alone here!  

Hi, like Pam mentioned the urodynamics testing should be done and u should chart how much and when u go....just another means to track what is possibly going on.

Not all will have bladder issues as a result of their chiari and it could be a related issue like tethered cord...so do get checked for both a bladder issue and TC.

I went yrs and could not feel the urge to go, but instead got pain up my spine....just prior to surgery the urge feelings came back, but if I hold it, I get hot...so it is still a neuro issue and I do have TC as well as just a bladder issue from chiari.

"selma"
I also have bladder issues as well, in fact I have had 2 uti's and bladder infections from having to go so much in the last year. I am exhausted from having to go so much. I'm up all night long in and out of the restroom. I'd really like a bed pan. As soon as I stand up, I have the urge again. I am starting to think it is Chiari related. I actually had ultrasounds done to have a look at my bladder and all is fine.
I notice that after episodes ( that is what I call my really bad pain and pressure days) I go about 10 times more.  I chalk it up to increased pressure means less fluid draining through kidneys and than pressure is released and all that fluid is flushed at once.  

Do u notice any changes when u have bad days too?  Also is ur urine darker at times and clear on the frequent days?   This could fit my theroy.   Just be careful not to dehydrate yourself to prevent the constant BR trips.  Too often people stop drinking enough to compinsate and that isn't good either

What a pain in the neck this is.  In more ways than one.
I have this bladder issue too...  it is so annoying to have to go every 10 - 20 min. At night I go about 2 times.

I had the urodynamics test a week ago and they said that my bladder is hyperactive and the pressure in my bladder goes way up when I have only 30 - 80 ml in my bladder, my brain is sending some weird signals when just a small amount is in my bladder and makes me think that I have to go. My Dr wants to put me on some kind of medication for this, but I am still waiting for that to happen and I also want to know what the Dr´s at TCI say about this first  ( I hate to have to take meds )

lu7997:  For me it does not change whether I am having a bad day or not always the same and the color depends on how much I am drinking ( darker if I dont drink much)
You go more than I do...That WOULD drive me nuts!  I go about every 2 hours.  I haven't had a chance to mention this to my Drs yet...so I haven't had any tests for it...Like you, I don't want any more Meds!!!  I think that's a good idea to see what your Dr. at TCI says first...Did you have surgery with them?  If so, how do you like them?  
Yeah I am sort of going nuts, but you get used to this LOL ( over 3 yrs like this)  it gets worse if I try to hold it for too long, then it just plain hurts to go...

No I never had any surgery, I do not have a dx chiari, I have a syrinx and this will be my first visit to TCI. I think I am just getting an evaluation on my syrinx and why it is forming. Never the less I am exited to see if they can help me :) The last couple of week have been a nightmare so I cant wait to fly over to the states:)
I hope TCI can help you too!!  Over 3 years of dealing with this is way too long!!!  Where are you?  You mentioned flying in to the states?
Thank you :) I do too :)
3 yrs is way too long, but I always thought this was normal (it bothered me) and never gave it any thought or linked it to my syrinx until TCI ordered the study.
I am in Iceland :) We are having a snow blizzard at the moment so the name fits well :D
Iceland!!!!  WOW!  That is so neat!!!!!!  So you've already been to TCI?  How long is your flight?  Were you born there?  As much as I love snow (a little sarcasm here!)...I don't think Iceland would be for me!  It must be a beautiful country, though!  When do you come back to the states?
Thanks :)
No I have never been to TCI before, I sent them my MRI´s and they were so great to let me do all the tests here in Iceland, just emailed what needed to be done before my visit.

The flight will be just over six hours ( thankfully no connection flights ) so I am a bit worried to have to sit for so long.  
Yes i am all Icelandic born and raised in this beautiful country, though the name is a bit wrong we are not covered in ice and snow all year, we do get green and sunny summers and that is the best time to visit :) wow.. I could go on and on about Iceland :)  LOL
I´ll fly in next week :) even took extra days to play a tourist in NY, really exited about that and I hope my HA and pain will behave so I can enjoy the city :)

I was diagnosed last year with a Neurogenic bladder after problems with urinary hesitancy, my urologist explained that the concern with a Neurogenic bladder is that the bladder dose not empty and urine backs up into the kidneys, this can cause all kinds of problems. The nerves that control the sphincter muscle witch contracts the bladder are not getting the correct messages and the muscle goes into spasm.  It is important to let your doctors know if you are having bladder issues.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurogenic_bladder