Had Chiari Surgery in January '09 symptoms coming back?
I had Arnold Chiari Type I decompression surgery on January 28, 2009 and ever since things have been great except for a pain that hasn't gone away on the right side of the crown of my head (which isn't even near the incision).  Its bothersome and very tender and still hasn't gone away but everthing else has been fine until about two weeks ago.  There seems to be a bit of swelling on the right side of my incision and its kindof tender.  My eyes feel very strained like I would rather have them shut than open and they are very sensitive to light.  I have been getting headaches more often and my neck is VERY stiff in the morning and sometimes throughout the day.  Before surgery I had stuff going down into my hands where they would feel very hot and numb and all that went away too until a few days ago.  I feel like my symptoms are coming back and worry that the pain on top of my head has something to do with it.  Does anyone know what it could be or what could possibly be going on? I go in for an MRI to check on everything on June 18th but i'm wondering if I should call my surgeon sooner??!?!
HI ...I want to invite u to join us in the chiari forum here on MedHelp......

We have a thread titled how many zipperheads...and it is where all the members talk about their decompression surgeries.

I hope u join us and share ur chiari experiences and ask questions and concerns.

chiari CL
i cant find the thread, can you tell me how i can get to it?
I had Chiari decompression surgery on Dec. 12,2011. As a result of Chiari Malformation, a syrinx covered my entire spinal cord. I am still in a lot of pain and I have a stiff neck. I find it hard to take care of my children. Is anyone else going through this? How can I get relief? How can I get support now that I can't go back to work? I'm only 32 and I am a little scared because I feel completely helpless.

Hi I suggest u join the Chiari forum, we have plenty of members that can offer insight, info and support on this topic.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Chiari-Malformation/show/257?controller=forums&action=show&id=257&camp=msc

Have u had a MRI post op or recently to see if u have scar tissue or if the syrinx shrunk?