Have my Surgery Date!
Hello all,
  I went for my visit with Dr. Di at the Cleveland Clinic yestersay and my surgery date it June 23rd! He was VERY nice and caring. He asked questions and did things the Dr in Kentucky never did. I am so glad that I went out on my own and found this site which lead me to Dr. Di.
Hi...glad u found a dr u r comfortable with......please add ur surgery date ( if not already) to our surgery date list......being all in one place helps us remember all who r having surgery.

U will be in our thoughts and prayers!!

"selma"
Congrats! Try not to get stressed. The idea of Brain Surgery can be daunting, but you'll be fine! I had the operation and I'm still here :).
Thanks to all for the encouragement.  I will be having my surgery on Monday.  I will have someone post how it went.
Congrats on getting your surgery scheduled!  I know how you feel.  I am having mine on May 21st.  Good luck to you and let us know how you are!  Take care!

Lori
Hi Lori....it is good to see u on the forum,....Please post on the surgery thread with ur date...and surgery type...ect.

"selma"
Tina,
I am so happy you found a Dr that would listen and that you can relate to.
I am curious since we both have flow, did he say anything about that? Is there a measurement of the flow????
My Dr acted like since I still had flow it was no problem.
Also how far are your tonsils hurniated?
I would like to compare my results to yours as you are the only one I have talked to who still had csf flow.

Again, congrats on being am advocate for your own health and finding a good Dr. as you know it takes a long time for some of us to get there.

Dee Dee
My daughter has a 7mm herniation with good spinal flow.  I also am interested in finding out if the flow is the key to surgery.  My daughter has severe symptoms.  Last neurosurgeon did not think surgery would help because she had good flow, but what do we do now?  Thanks for your information. What neurosurgeons have you gone to.  bharvel
Hi and welcome to our Chiari community....

The criteria for surgery varies from Neurosurgeon to Neurosurgeon but  most look at the size (more than 5mm) CSF obstruction and quality of life. Surgery is not a cure but a treatment.

Many NS (Neurosurgeon) and NL (Neurologists) are not fully up to date with Chiari and Chiari treatment so it is important to find a NS who has experience and has Chiari as a big part of their practice....

There is a link to a list of Doctors that members here have used however this is just the views of our members and it is important that you research any Doctor you may chose for your DD, you will find the link in Health Pages on the top right of this page....

Ray