Headache and shoulder/arm pain
Hey all,
I have had a headache since Thursday night on the upper left side of my temple and shooting down the left side of my neck into my shoulder. The head pain was not responding to anything until this after noon when I took an Ativan toradol and percocet  then iced that side of my head and went to sleep. It is gone for the most apart but I still get sharp pains when I get up and move around even though I still have the shoulder pain and now my feet and hands are getting tingly.... I was going to go to the ER earlier but toughed it out.... Should I ask my dr for a flow study since i am post op?. I still get pressure in my head especially when i have the headaches....I am having muscle spasms too so should i ask for a nerve study of some type? The thing that bugs is they still don't know WHY I have all this pain and spasms.....I mean if they told me I have permanent nerve damage I'm willing to accept that but with the answer of "we don't know" that is not acceptable to me....any feedback????
Hi Devin.....I am so sorry u r still having all the pressure...I get it too, but off and on and it depends on the weather or what I am doing.

Have u noticed if ne of these things r a factor?

I understand ur frustration......and I think I would want to know also...not sure the ER is the place to go...they do not dx...only treat with meds and refer u to ur dr....band aid  medicine.....lol.....

I have been having cramps or spasms in my back a lot lately too........

How has ur weather been?

"selma"
The weather had been crazy...Some days in the 80's others in the low 70's and high 60's...yesterday was warm and now today its only 68 and rainy and drizzly....I noticed I seem to be achey when its moist and raining.... The headache finally went away on saturday evening but now today...monday.... My hands and arms are very weak and my left leg feels weird.... I don't know what to do anymore.
It is most likely the changing weather...I know the changes affect me big time and most other chiarians.

Unfortunately this could be how ur body will react to the barometric changes....and mayb once u r further out on post op....more than 2 yrs u will not be as sensitive...we can hope huh?

Sorry I have nothing more to offer.

Feel better
"selma"
Hi Devin!  I PMed you.  I had my vitamin levels checked and am low on Vit D, which can cause muscle and bone pain.  When is the last time you had your blood work done?  B12 can cause nerve pain, and I think it's worth it to look into both of those!!
I should add, is the shoulder/arm pain new?  I had this long before the Chiari surgery, and right now I think it's my most painful problem...it makes me cry sometimes.