Headaches, Constant
My surgery was Oct 31, 2014.  I have had ongoing issues with several areas, but now an old one has raised it's ugly head:  Migraines & non-migraine headaches (HAs).   I have had a severe HA  for about 8-9 days.  This does not present as a Migraine, but tonight the pain was so severe I did take a Triptan type migraine medication & was pain free for about an hour.  The upper half of my face is tender to touch & I can hardly stand the pressure of my glasses on my nose.  My Neurologist is aware & considerate.
My question is:  Is this common?  Does a past history of severe Migraines predispose me to this recurrence at age 66?  Could these HAs be related to ongoing visual problems?  Has anyone found something particularly helpful?

Thank you so much....
What was the extent of the surgery? Bony decompression + duraplasty, tonsil cauterization? Have you got the post-surgery mri?

Hi how long since your surgery?.....It is very possible that something else is going on and I too am wondering about your post op MRI...

As far as how common is this, hard to say as we do not know if there is anything else going on, how long post op you are,,..

The issue could be scar tissue that is forming,....or it could be to a related condition that was underlying...

We are all different and certain meds can also cause HA;s....

As for the visual problems it is possible and you should be seen by a Neuro Optho...to see what is going on there....
I am close to your age, and when I read your post, it alarmed me as to the severity of your pain. Selma is wise in all matters pain/Chiari, so her post is most valuable to you.

I urge you to dial the number of  your neurologist and get right on whatever you are experiencing. Know that you are important to people in this community. I wish you relief.
I have not had surgery so I am not going to be much help. I would say if the HA persist you should contact your GP or NS/NL.
Stay off the computer and get some rest.
Sorry I cant add to the excellent advice from others here. I hope and pray you feel better soon.

Hi I saw when your correct surgery date and you are still healing....so what activities you  may be doing could be what the issue is.....

You deff want to talk to you Dr....
Thank you all.  Post op MRI, good. Activities nil at this point, still limited prior to HA..  I, too, am concerned about the pain level at my age.  I have called NL this morning.  HA no better, unable to tolerate any light.  Thanks again.
Sometimes when my headaches are the worst, there are periods of 3 days when I feel like I should have been a bat in the dark, hanging upside down by my feet to sleep!
Update:  My diastolic  blood pressure started rising & I became alarmed as did my husband, thinking I might be having a bleed, so I went by squad to the ER. CT scan clear, but I will have an MRI on Tuesday.  While in the ER, I had some relief from the headache from the IV Toradol, but when it began to wear off the HA returned as before.
Will update if any new information.  
I asked myself, "Why are you telling these folks these things"?  Are you seeking pity, sympathy or some other self serving emotion"?  A resounding NO!  I share what is going on with me in the hope that if there is someone who is experiencing now or later or prior what I have experienced, they may know they are not alone; This post op Chiari journey is a very personal one.  Each of us may have problems, complications, milestones, successes, fears, adjustments, set backs, leaps of improvements , and sharing them brings hope & understanding to each other. There is no blueprint for recovery.

Ok, off the soap box!  Thanks to each one of you who share or just read.

I know why you share your post op journey and you did not need to explain....in fact I am very thankful to all willing to share as it helps all of us understand the possible outcomes and how to deal with them....

I am so sorry you continue to have these HA's....and I pray the MRI shows something that will be helpful.

keep us posted.
UPDATE:  I do not yet have the MRI results, but after finishing, he put me back on the table to check CSF flow even though not ordered.
I saw my new PCP on Thursday, the 14th.  When he listened to my symptoms, he believes I have either Temporal Arteritis (TA) or TA with Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  No need to go into all this here, but wanted to let you know.  I am on high doses- seems high to me, anyway - of Steroids.  Rather than waiting to schedule me for a temporal artery biopsy & making all the arrangements, and you can have sudden irreversible blindness, he is treating me as though I do have these conditions.  Elissaandbucky you were right on the money. PMR doesn't usually appear in those under 65.