Chiari Malformation Community
Help on MRI results.. anyone know if this is a chiari/sphinx or anythin...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Help on MRI results.. anyone know if this is a chiari/sphinx or anything like it?

I finally got my MRI results (they were checking for MS) the MRI of the brain came out completely clear (Thank thank God!!) But on my cervical spine there was something that showed up and on the results it said it could be "oseoid, osteoma, or an osteoblastoma"...the results basically said they didnt know what it was but it didnt look agressive and to come back in 4-6 months to make sure its not growing. The neurologist told me it could just be a bony overgrowth? But that it had nothing to do with the symptoms ive been experiencing (tingling/numbness in legs/arms/face, memory loss, weakness, fatigue, etc.) anyone have any ideas? Does anyone know if this can get mistaken for a chiari or sphinx? Thanks in advance :)
Osteoblastoma is a benign, bone-forming tumor that is extremely rare, accounting for only 1 percent of all primary bone tumors.

An osteoma (plural: "osteomata") is a new piece of bone usually growing on another piece of bone....

osteoid /os·te·oid/ (os´te-oid). 1. resembling bone

Chiari malformation is the malformation of the skull which forces the cerebral tonsils down and onto the brain stem and spinal cord...known as a herniation....this is not bone that herniates....so, I do not think this refers to chiari

Syringomyelia or syrinx- is a cavity in the spinal cord that fills with CSF fluid...again not bone....

Now unless there is more detail on the report u did not include here or that the radiologist did not include....who knows.

Did u get a copy of the entire report and the CD of the MRI?

The symptoms u mentioned can be a number of different conditions....yes it can fit chiari...but the bone issue does not.

"selma"
selmaS commented on soccero's status
soccero just down :( Comment
Packersmom87 commented on Attention All Mouth B...
Aug 24