Help
I have been having weird MS like symptoms for over a year now. Only to find out, after demanding an MRI with contrast, that I have Chiari 1 .... 5mm in size. The Dr that read my mri found it and I have Kaiser who refuses to recognize it. The " neurologist said NO its not Chiari. I went to the Dr that read it today and told him Kaisers overall response that it is a bogus diagnosis. He was infuriated and said my symptoms go hand in hand with Chiari. The headaches, burning skin feeling, neck and back pain are awful but my vision is what has deteriorated over the last year. Not to mention my mental, emotional and mental status. I' m in Northern CA......anyone have any suggestions?
Sorry for your pain & other symptoms.  I was very concerned about my vision too.
We have several posters here from CA. I don't know what the policy is about connecting posters, but Im sure as people start "waking up", you will get replies.  Hang in there.
(Kaiser sounds dreadful).

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

I am so sorry that u have been to Drs that feel Chiari is not an issue, I think we all have and it is not Kaiser as a whole as I know we have had members with Kaiser get Drs that did surgery...so it is possible...take a look at our list of Drs and use it to research....I do not know Northern CA from Southern as far as where these Drs are, but u may have to travel.....many of us do...take a look, research the Drs as this list is NOT a referral...and see if u can find one  in the kaiser network and one that u like, that has chiari experience.