Aa
A
A
Close
707040 tn?1473948394
Holistic methods for reducing scar tissues
Question for everyone:
After decompression surgery, has anyone had to have second surgery due to scar tissue causing symptoms?  
My son, 22, had surgery at 16, problems have been off and on since then. All tests are currently coming back fine. We discussed possible second surgery, dr. is trying a couple more things first, he wants to be sure that is the right thing to do as it carries more risk.
So, does anyone have any experiences to share about any types of alternative, complementary, holistic healing methods? I'm also currently a student in this area, but obviously chiari is a unique issue. My thought is that if there is scar tissue causing the problem, finding a way to reduce it may help.  (acupuncture, massage, essential oils, hypnosis, etc...) I'm doing my own research so I thought I'd check here.
Of course, if he ends up needing a second surgery, we will proceed with that, but I'd like to try everything possible first.
Thanks for any input!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248

Hi...those with EDS run a higher risk of developing scar tissue....was this ruled out for him?

If not, and he has EDS I am not aware of anything that might help reduce it.....out side of doing the exercises given post op....I was told it may help with not only scar tissue, but to also help prevent the muscles from getting tight,,ad be able to keep the ROM.....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
selmaS, and Deedeebird1 commented on selmaS's status
Oct 08
Blank
selmaS, and Deedeebird1 commented on selmaS's status