Horrible taste in my mouth?
Past few days I've had a funny taste in my mouth, i cannot describe the taste, but it's just a horrible taste and I have a lot of saliva.. I cannot eat or drink anything because it tastes so bad. I was just wondering, has this got anything to do with my Arnold chiari malformation and syrongymelia?? I've also been feeling weak.  

Are you on a new med?  does it seem like reflux?
Seems to me excessive saliva was on my NSs questionnaire, but nothing about tasting bad.
I'm not any new medication, what's reflux? It's more the fact when I eat something it tastes bad. I have no idea what excessive saliva means though. Thank you for your help though :)
Are you burping up acid from your stomach?  Are you nauseous?  Maybe you have too much saliva, like a body does before vomiting?
I hope it improves.

Excess saliva can indicate GERD, u do not always have to have heartburn to have this, and many with chiari do have GERD.

Is the saliva thick and sticky....(sorry).....do u eat b4 going to bed? These can cause these issues....

Reflux would also cause the bad taste.....

U may want to be checked for a hiatal hernia or something along those lines, a syrinx can also affect the vagus nerve ad this can affect GERD.....

The vagus nerve is weird in how it can be involved with heart palps and GERD, so do get this checked as the bad taste in ur mouth can indicate an infection, I am assuming GERD as it is common to those with Chiari....but do get checked.
Are you having any problems swallowing? Like Selma said, the vagus nerve is odd. It controls many areas-some in the mouth, throat and some of the esophagus. So if it is affected, then it can be involved in GERD. Excess saliva and bad taste in mouth are some of the signs of dysphagia, which is difficulty swallowing. But there are types (oral, pharyngeal and esophageal).
This is Cathy and I just signed up today 11-12-12 primarily due to your post.  I have been trying to locate someone with the same symptoms I've been experiencing for several  years now. The closest I've come up with is burning mouth syndrome (BMS) but only certain symptoms are similar to that.  These are my symptoms nearly every day:  1) nasty taste in mouth, 2) excess saliva with "phantom" tastes -- not always the same -- sometimes metallic, sometimes chalky, sometimes bitter, 3) skin "sloughing" inside of mouth ... increasing in frequency.  I've been to dentists, oral surgeons, ENT's, my internal doctor and even my gynecologist!  Every doctor has told me I check out perfectly. Does this come close?

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

This thread pertains to those with this metallic taste as well as chiari...

What u r describing could be acid reflux also known as GERD...this would cause excess saliva and the taste u mention...especially if u have some of the metal fillings.

Check with a GI dr and see if u have reflux......

Not sure y the ENT u went to did not detect the GERD...but a full exam with a GI dr may help u figure this out...do post an update on ur progress : )