House Episode
Wow.  I have a friend with this condition.  She's an inspiration.  Wanted me to watch the episode.  I was confused because there was so little mentioned of the condition. It centered around the man being gay.  I was really stymied.  I was hoping to be more informed, to see something, some of what you all go through.  It's important to me.  It's important to my friend.  :-)  I was not happy with what was not portrayed.  They should re-do the episode and do it accurately.  After all, the show centers around medical disorders.  It is informative if anything.  Has the potential to reach many people with information anyway.  Take care.  :-)
Hello and Welcome to the forum,

You are right...I think all of us were disappointed. There is a poll on the show along with a place to leave your comments on another thread, so if you get a minute please leave your comments on there too!

I think we all got our friends and family to watch it and I think some of us regret it now!

Carolyn
Hi and welcome...ur friend is lucky to have a friend and advocate like u to even come here to find out more and express ur concerns.

Some good did come from that episode as it has people talking and some local news stations did reports on it....we have our Chiari Walk in Sept. so it is in our hands to keep it on the minds of others.

"selma"
Thank You for your empathy! It is a very rare quality in this world but so refreshing to see. You are most correct! They really should re-do the show 'correctly portraying' Chiari this time. One place you will learn how to help your friend and perhaps gain a little understanding to improve that empathetic nature is to stay here on this forum, read, listen, and feel free to ask questions.

Welcome,

Wolf
My son suffers everyday from his chiari malformation. I was so upset with the way the episode panned out. It said "surgery will cure you" there is no cure for the malformation. Surgery is an attempt that hopefully alleviates the symptoms. There needs to be accurate information out there so everyone can be made aware of the condition!!!!!