Chiari Malformation Community
House Episode

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

House Episode

Has anyone seen the House episode on Chiari? It is season 6 episode 19 called "The Choice". I am generally not a big fan of this show, and this episode was not an exception. The way that the symptoms were described was bizarre to me. The progression of symptoms and the symptoms themselves were just completely weird. The man suffered a heart attack (in the hospital) and would faint any time he sat up. All of a sudden he could not speak, and then all of sudden he could.

Now I know that we all have different symptoms and they all progress differently, so maybe this is the case for some people. I was just wondering what anyone else's opinion of this episode were.

Also, House says that treating POTS symptoms when a person has Chiari will "make them worse. Sorry about that." I have both POTS and Chiari and have never heard this... has anyone heard this before? I know it is just a t.v. show, so obviously I put absolutely zero stock in the truthfulness of it, I was just hoping for some input.

Oh and fair warning this is NOT appropriate for children and contains controversial issues such as drug abuse by medical personnel and gay relationships. I don't think either of these issues, along with others, are presented in a respectful way so keep that in mind if you choose to watch this episode.

Thank you,
Sara

Hi yes, many were disappointed as this was more on the patients sexuality then Chiari and it was a miracle recovery and not really accurate.

U can see the thread from when this show aired by using the search this community feature and type HOUSE episode and u will find older threads on this topic.
Huskergirl1 joined this community
Welcome them!
selmaS commented on selmaS's status
Sep 17