How are your SO's with this?
How are your SO's with your Chiari diagnosis?  Are they supportive?  Apathetic? Do you feel like you really have a partner with this or do you feel like you are dealing with it solo?
My wife has been great during all this. She gets to be an honorary Chiarian, for having to go through it all with me. Or would that be a Chiarian-by-proxy?

I'm guessing by you mentioning it, that perhaps your s.o. isnt quite so supportive? If he's not (assuming a he), I hate to hear that. Maybe he'll come around soon. He needs to understand that you can't help this and he either needs to get onboard or ship out completely.

Best of luck. I hope everything works out for you.
Hi Shane,

It's more then just him.  No one seems supportive or understanding.  I have tried to talk to friends too and they can't seem to keep interested in listening for more then 2 minutes.  My husband is kind of supprtive, I guess I am expecting too much.  I would think that he would do some research on line with me, or my himself.  Try to read some books, etc.  He will listen to me but I feel like I don't have a partner to go through this with.  I mean my cats will listen to me...
what is a SO
Significant Other
well Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm sorry to hear your SO isn't interested or supportive with your Chiari. It's a big deal!

I haven't been diagnosed with it yet, but I'm supposed to have a CT scan this week to check for it, because my doctor is really leaning toward it. When I told my husband he was flabbergasted and asked more about it. For the past couple of days, we've been joking around about it - I think it's just our way of dealing (and especially because we don't know for sure yet). I joke around and say, "Well, you have to cut me some slack, I might have brain problems!" - just silly things like that. But, even the fact that he brings it up, even in humor, means that he's thinking about it. We just have our own ways of dealing.

I know if this ends up being my diagnosis, he will be supportive. I don't know if I'll get him reading any books (ever!), but he'll be supportive. He's already been through so much with me, I told him last night he should have traded me in a long time ago!

Anyway, try talking to him, or even write him a letter telling him how you feel about this, and how much his support means to you. Most times, letters get the point across better because you're saying exactly how you feel, and he has to pay attention - no arguing or misunderstanding one another. It's just a thought, but it's always worked wonders for me in the past. Also, for your friends, put a little packet together for them to look over and read. Apparently, these people need a wake-up call to realize how serious and important this is, and that their support is necessary!

Good luck! Don't settle - you shouldn't have to be/feel alone with this.