I start training this weekend for 2 skating competitions.
Okay, you all will this I am crazy but…

I am doing two figure skating competitions in January, I am so excited. I start training/choreography on my routine on Sunday.

It’s going to mean so much because the 2nd competition is the day after my one year anniversary from my PFD surgery (1/30). The other competition is two weeks before and my friend and I are using it as a practice run.

I don’t know if I will win, but I feel like a winner just being able to do something like this after brain surgery.

I do plan on being careful and am competing at the lowest level for the 2nd competition and the low-middle for the first competition on 1/16. I will do single jumps, a sit spin, and scratch spin and various foot work. The program is 1:40 max, so it’s not too long…

Wish me luck and I will try to get someone to video tape both competitions and post them on here.
HI Kim..Congratulations  on getting to this point!!

Good luck and I look forward to seeing the video!!

"selma"
You GO GIRL!!!!

Good luck....it would be awesome to see a video!
Sherimom
Thanks all!  I really am excited.  This means a lot to me since after surgery I didn't think I would be able to come back.  Six months after surgery I went skating and could only skate for 10 minutes before getting tired and not feeling well.  Now 10 months after surgery I can skate more.  I still feel sick sometimes, but not while skating, lol.  I think it's a good distraction for me.
Kim...this gives all those in eaarly stages of recovery alot of hope!!
I really hope everyone on here can find something they love and that they can do it for as long as possible.  
GOOD for you.. you DO give us all  hope. Sometimes I think, is this it?? Is this how I'm going to live the rest of my life, not knowing how I'm going to feel from one day to another??  I am so use to getting  up out of bed and being so active without even thinking about it.  Now I think I'm going to pay later if I stress out my body in ANY way.  
thank you for posting.  One of my best friends skates/skated for a Massachusetts skate team and I know how important competition is to "skaters."  Unfortunately she blew out her knee and was supposed to go to Paris.. but may not go now.  Good luck with everything and be careful!
Kim in NH
It's just nice to hear that you even feel up to trying something like that. Good Luck! And have fun - be careful though, ice is hard on the old skull.
That's awesome Kim I am so happy for you keep it up!! Good luck with your competitions
Thank you all for the well wishes.  I had my first lesson with my coach yesterday and skated for about 1.5 hours.   We out together about 20 seconds of my routine so I can't wait to see what the rest will be.

I going skating again on Wed., Friday, and Sunday...lot's of practice :).

Kim60, I am sorry to hear about your friend.  I hope she get's better soon and can get back out there.