Chiari Malformation Community
I'm home

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

I'm home

Was discharged today, but def am having a much harder time controlling the pain at home.  I know it takes time, just upset I taking meds as prescribed and it major pain! :(
Sorry for all the negative posts :(
Mazie

Welcome home !!!

No worries all of our journeys will be diff....

As for pain, take meds on time if they say every 4 hrs set an alarm wake up and take them at least for 2 weeks b4 u start to step off them...it is very important to stay ahead of the pain by taking them on time....other wise the meds do not help once pain sets in.

I know it is  not easy and it can be very scary and lonely.....but know u r not alone and we Chiarians are stronger then we know....u can get thru this <3
I would also call your doctor and make sure you are on the right medication. Different pain medications have different pathways they take. They don't all just work the same for everyone. Always try to stay ahead of the pain. I treat a lot of people who are in pain and their two greatest mistakes are waiting too long to take their medication and frustrating themselves taking the wrong ones. I have seen patients who have headaches be treated easily with Toradol but only percocet will work for their muscular pain. Percocet doesn't help their headaches and Toradol does nothing for their muscle pain. Everyones body is different so I wouldn't hesitate to call my doctor and say it isn't working. Also, make sure you are moving some through the pain. Sitting too long in pain is the worst thing you can do. For example... if you have open heart surgery they stand you up and get you in a chair the first day. Walk to the door the second and out to the hall the third. They found that this decreased their length of rehabilitation by MONTHS.... not days or weeks but MONTHS. Don't push too hard but the longer you sit the longer it takes to heal :) Don't know that any of this helps but I hope you feel better soon
Very glad to see you home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do as selma and the bottles say keep ahead of it cause when it starts it is to late.  The pain and everything will start to get back to the regular you.  As you and some have said be the baby and rest is the best medicine so you can heal.
AlyssaWhite0908 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Ball123 commented on photo
Aug 26
Ball123 commented on photo
Aug 26