Interesting...
Hello everyone!  I am still doing quite well.  I have been back at work since the end of April and have been feeling really good.  I do have the occasional headache here and there but nothing a Tylenol can't get rid of!  I wanted to share that the day I got back to work, everyone told me about a co-worker that had just been dx'd with chiari.  I work on a fairly large Neo ICU, we got about 200+ RN's.  Anyway, when I finally got to speak with her, she was going to see my surgeon.  Long story short, she is now a zipperhead and we just found another co-worker may be joining our ranks from the nightshift crew!  That is crazy! Three RN's from the same unit with the same dx! It ***** that they are having to go through this but it is just so odd.  When one of the girls went to the ER and I met her there too offer support...the ER guy was like " you had this too?" And we said "oh yeah, we're running a NICU special known as Chiari, everyone has it" and he just laughed.  I mean gotta have a sense of humor about it sometimes right?  I am being supportive, I do want to pass on the support I got from here to those around me that need it.  You guys helped me alot and I am very grateful for that! Just paying it forward...
Hi ..so glad to hear from u and that u r doing so well.

It does seem odd to have sooooo many in one unit like u said...makes me wonder about environmental triggers...ie- the work u do...lifting ect.....

It is wonderful that u r able to offer support to ur fellow co-workers/chiarians....and remember u can always send them here as well if they need more info for themselves or family members.

I pray u continue to do well and I hope u pop on now and then to let us know how u r doing.

"selma"

PS- did u add ur dr to our drs list?
Awesome to hear you are back to work.

THANKS so much for posting this. Totally appreciate it!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better and back at work...you had a really tough time of it!!

That is soo weird about 3 of you in the same floor having Chiari...talk about coincidence!!
At least you will be able to support each other, so no one feels alone :)

Take care and I pray you continue to feel well!

Carolyn