Involuntary Muscle Jerks
Just a quick question to all you Chiarians out there!!!  Does anyone experience involuntary muscle jerks.  I have been experiencing this quite a bit lately, especially if I'm just relaxing.  I'll just be sitting or lying down and my leg, or hand, or arm will just jerk.  Usally just once, but it's completely involuntary.  I'm just wondering if this is a Chiari thing or if there's something else going on.

Thanks a lot
This happens to me a lot and I've read where it can be associated with Chiari.
It happens to my son too.

Hi...yes, I had this more b4 surgery...I still get it if I overdo it ....but I used to get it mostly in my legs and restless leg syndrome is related to sleep disorders....as most sleep clinics treat it...not sure the connection....but it does seem we chiarians do have these muscle jerks...I believe r really impulses/signals from the brain that had to force their way to get thru and that is y they jerk.....

JMHO

"selma"
Thanks for the responses.  I have sleep apena, but when I had my testing I didn't test positive for RLS these muscle jerks have just started as the headaches have increased and the other neurological symptoms have starts.

Thanks again

I have had this before and after surgery. One thing that has never changed for me too is the constant muscle twitching, it happens all over my body but sometimes it will pick one spot or another that will twitch for a day straight and it drives me nuts. I find that if I am really using a muscle it will start to twitch once I relax it. As for the muscle jerks, I get that as well when I am relaxing...it is such a weird feeling. I also get them a lot when I have relaxed and just ready to fall asleep and the a limb or something flies up in the air... I know that it is normal somewhat to have jerking when you fall asleep but this is all together different. I am on Lyrica and I think it has made it somewhat better b/c when I went off of it for a few days b/c I hadn't filled my script...my body went absolutely nuts!!

Carolyn
Thanks for the info...I thought I was going crazy and my husband is like "why are you jerking." Glad to know its a "normal" thing for Chiari and hopefully it will be another symptom I can add to finally get an official diagnosis.

Thanks again
I had no idea this was a symptom. WOW....I've had this mt whole life. I thought it was normal. Every day and night if I lay still to relax almost immediately i'll have muscle jerks every where. Not constantly though. Mostly my legs and arms will jerk. I do have a twitch/vibration in my thighs often though. Almost constant.