Chiari Malformation Community
Is this a symptom

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Is this a symptom

I have a 7mm herniation but the MRI of the brain and spine showed no syrinx or tethered cord.  It did show a couple herniated discs. Also the cine MRI couldn't be completed due to tech difficulties. Thank The Lord I don't have the headaches, but I do have neck pain and when I run I feel pain and pressure in my neck and back. The most annoying symptom is itching and prickling all over my skin(face, hands, feet,etc). Have you heard of this being associated with chiari before? Also can you post the link of chiari specialists?

Thanks so much!:)

MaybeTomorrow

Hi...u posted this same question to another thread and I did reply...so I am not going to repeat it all here...but I do understand how u r feeling.

We all have diff symptoms and issues as we can have related conditions as well as chiari...so do make sure they r being ruled out.

I also was not aware in ur other post u had a full spine MRI, as u did not mention TC in the other post...so they did a cervical , thoracic and lumbar MRI....which I was not aware of when I made my comment.

DO look into related conditions like sleep apnea if u have sleep disturbances, ehlers-danlos, even thyroid issues can cause itching...and we r prone to an auto immune thyroid condition called Hashimoto's.
Thanks for the information Selma:)

Could you post that link of chiari specialists? I saw it in another post but I can't find it now.

Thanks again,
MaybeTomorrow

I did bump it up...can u see it now?
Im sure there could've been signs, however I was feeling fine until one morning last November. I remember having the worst headache ever and then once that went away I would feel dizzy and just anxious for no reason.  I was prescribed Neurotin to help with the prickly sensation. I'm not sure if it's working yet.

I'm going to see the neurosurgeon to hopefully get some more q's answered. I would like to see specialist soon.

Thx:)

Do keep us posted on ur Dr Search...and how u r doing.

Know u r not alone : )
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
Jul 11
soccero feeling absolutely horrible ;( Comment
Jul 09