Just an interestin observation....
My doctor was on tonight's episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  Cool.

what family did they help?....and where was it?
It was in Columbus, Ohio and it was for a woman who had a brain tumor last year.  The Neurosurgeon who removed it was my doctor.  I was watching and had to rewing the DVR to make sure since I wasn't paying attention.  It was the Rhodes family.

Thanks, couldn't watch with out tissues....that Dr is the only Chiari Dr to ever post on this forum, and personally requested his name be added to out Dr list!!

Yes, it was sad.  They did a local news story here before and after about how hard it is to pay the bills on those new houses.  They're struggling.  I think it's a wonderful gift but sometimes wonder if the networks do "bigger and better" for ratings and don't think that people who may be living on minimum wage, can't afford 600 water bills etc.  I think that's why they started giving those "household funds" donations etc.  I never realized until I watched their interview how hard it was to pay on those houses after they were built.  It is still an amazing gift but I just didn't realize how difficult it was for some of them.  

As for Dr. P...he is so nice and approachable.  That heart question I had the other day from another doctors report, I emailed him and he answered me back almost immediately.  I'm so used to doctors not answering that type of stuff or saying you need to make an apt, but not him.  Anytime I've had questions,  he's answered and never rushed me.  So it's a nice change for sure.  

Well their taxes go up as the value of the home goes up...they have to  pay that as well, look at the one woman they redid the home and afterward the neighbors did not like the idea of a soup kitchen in the neighborhood so it sits unused she still cooks but has to take the food to the people....all the room they gave her for them to sit and eat was a waste.

It was a shock for me to have a Dr request to be on our list!...Not something u expect....
I didn't realize he had asked.  I think it's refreshing to have one care enough to do that.  I had no idea that the soup kitchen wasn't allowed.  That's sad.  I mean I guess I can see both sides but if there had never been an issue before, why close it down now.

Yes, he posted when he was still in PA and then advised us when he moved to Ohio.....

It was weird bcuz our list was not to be just a list of Drs that claim to treat chiari, but the names of Drs that the members went to and liked....but, he requested to be added...I made the original list in the Health Pages...he also posted to questions  around that time too....he stopped participating, must have got too busy....not sure.

Yeah I just saw a special on those they did builds for in the past and they showed this woman and the neighbors are fighting it, u would think they would have checked, it is not zoned for that...so they were able to stop it...I just do not understand, I was under the understanding they check all this stuff ahead of time,....who knows who dropped the ball there.
Yes, I believe he did get too busy.  When his assistant first called me to make an apt, I requested a different day and she couldn't because from my understanding, he only does office appointments one day a week and the rest are all surgery days.  He also was participating in hosting the foreign doctors that come over to look at latest techniques, surgeries etc.  And yet still answers email at night and on Sundays.  If nothing else, I found him to be a compassionate doctor who at least gave you the time of day.  That was my experience anyway.  

So glad to hear positive feedback on Drs, I know we have a few other members that go to him as well.....

When the Dr gets too busy for the patient, u wonder what he is doing?.....
I'm disappointed I missed this episode.  I love watching that show, but I also have seen how people have lost their homes because they couldn't afford them.  I would just like one of the ovens. LOL... they sure are beatiful homes in the end and the people who receive them are well deserving of them.  They should be built on the people's income so they don't have the burden of the finance after the show has ended.  
Selma that is nice to hear that a Dr actually took his time to get on here.  I wish other Dr's would do the same.  I have also been blessed here in Mi with a NS that listen's.  Thanks for sharing this story.