Chiari Malformation Community
Just some good news

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Just some good news

I became engaged this weekend!! The reason I wanted to share this is because with everything I have gane through, and am still going through its nice to know that I have someone that will stand by me, at my best and at my worst.  When my now fiance and I started dating again my symptoms were no where near as bad as they are now, but he has stuck by me through THICK and thin..(mostly thick) and I am so grateful to have someone like him! Just wanted to share!
Best Wishes !!!...fantastic news.....

It is a  true show of his commitment to u.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope u share the planning process as well : )

I am at the ending stages of planning with my DD, her wedding is Oct 1st.

"selma"

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!

So glad u have someone like that to help u.   And u know he is ok with the rough things.  

Best of luck
Congratulations! I know chronic illness can be a killer to relationships. I heard somewhere that close to 65% of marriages where one spouse comes down with a chronic illness, ends in divorce.  Sad.

2 1/2 yrs ago, I was diagnosed with an autoimmune arthritis disease similar to RA, but affecting more, and IMO, worse joints(spine, hips, shoulders, knees + I'm one of the lucky ones with severe hand, wrist, foot, ankle arthritis too). Plus I ruptured a lumbar disc that needed surgery and caused permanent problems along my sciatic nerve. Now we've figured out why I've always had bad pressure-type headaches I guess. It was about 6-7 months ago that I had a slip and fall accident with minor whiplash, that things got really bad and I developed neurological symptoms.

So far my hubby has been pretty great. He's in it for the long haul, for sure. We've been married almost 14 yrs and have 4 kids, so he better be. Lol.

Congratulations again! I hope you guys emanate and overflow with happiness!
Thank you everyone!
Congrats Selma! My children are in a wedding on October 1st, Should be a great time! I'm sure you will have a great time too!
Thanks : )
CONGRATS!!!!  WOnderful news--and you're already working through the 'in sickness and in health'....Not the way we plan to start relationships, but certainly a way to know you're with someone who truly loves you :)
Congrats! I went on for years unwilling to date because my symptoms are always bad.  I met a guy who is incredible and he has undoubtedly helped me threw all of this. I am so happy for you!
Thank you everyone. He truely is a blessing.!