Just saw it on the other thread...thanks for updating here too....
I mentioned in the thread they changed my date to a day later....but I also forgot to say that my surgery or reason or area was changed 2 weeks b4....originally I was going for TC release surgery and 2 weeks b4 I was told they decided that I would benefit more from the decompression surgery...
They were right, but I still need the release, just have not decided to go back for that yet....
I think I posted my surgery info on the prayer thread. I can never keep things straight...sorry for the repeat.
I am scheduled for surgery in Dallas on Nov. 6th. I have to fly from Phoenix on the 4th to meet with the doctor and my surgey is on the 6th. I will have to stay in the hospital for 5 days and then a hotel for 3 to 4 days. I will go back for a check-up on Nov.12 and fly home on the 13th.
My surgery is on my spine. Dr. Feigenbaum will be doing surgery on the 2 Tarlov Cysts I have on my sacrum area. I have numerous cysts on my lumbar and cervical spine, but it's too dangerous to remove them all.
So I will be out of commission for at least 4 months.
My neurosurgeon won't do surgery on my Chiari until I tell him I can't take anymore. Sounds pretty crappy to me!!!
And another one... TCI called back and I a scheduled for consultation on December 16 and cranial cervical fusion on December 19, which is 2 days shy of my 1 year zipperversary!!!! I am beyond excited :D
I was so surprised they wanted to schedule it before they saw me! I have never even had an upright MRI or flexion and extension MRIs. I will have to look back at my supine MRI because apparently they saw something significant! Thank you for all of the prayers and positive thoughts!
No worries...Let me know which Dr u r assigned to.....
Did u make arrangements to stay at the Housing they offer?...it is less expensive then a hotel, and close to their office and near the Hospital....It is a house and it has a common area as well as a common kitchen....my DD and DH stayed there when I was in the hospital and said it was clean and comfy,....that was in 2009.....but I am sure it is still an ok place to stay.
I am assigned to Dr. Rekate with Dr. Insinga assisting in surgery. We did look at the housing they have, and it looks like a fantastic option for many people! I am having a whole crew of people come with though :) My mom is coming along with my fiance. His mom was going to come as well, but they decided to make a family vacation out of it so my future mother and father in-law are coming along with 3 of my fiance's sisters (8, 13, and 15). We decided to rent a house/condo and hopefully spend some time in NYC and maybe go see a broadway show while we are over there!
My port placement for October 21 is cancelled. I have had issues with surgeons, I have an appointment for the same day with a different general surgeon, so I will let you know when the new date for the surgery is!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.