Chiari Malformation Community
Looking for help In Baton Rouge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Looking for help In Baton Rouge

I was told I had chiari malformation March 21,2009 and I can't find help No one knows anything about it and if them do they don't seem to care I can't take much more of this the pain has been here sine march 21 & the pain is way more often than not It seems my life has stopped & I want my life back . I need a doctor in or around the Baton rouge  please HELP ME help myself
Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

We do have a list of specialists that u will want to review and research the drs closest to u....the list was compiled by the members here, of the names of their drs and only if they liked them...but it is not intended as a referral...u do need to do research on the dr to find the right one for u,....so u may need to travel as the list is not all inclusive of all chiari drs....but, u also want to be sure u do not go with a NS that does chiari surgeries....as they r not experienced enuff to handle all the issues u may have.

Surgery is also not a cure or a fix...once u have chiari u will always have it...and u may always have symptoms, just not as much as b4 surgery.

Surgery is a means to slow progression and open CSF flow.....

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Chiari-Malformation/LIST-OF-CHIARI-SPECIALISTS/show/1293483

We r happy to have u join us, but we r not happy for the reasons that bring u.
"selma"
MG18 uploaded new photos
May 28
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22