Chiari Malformation Community
Mayfield Clinic, OH doctors recommendation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

I've recently been diagnosed with Chiari I malformation.  I'm looking at the Mayfield Clinic for an NS.  I saw Dr. Tew on the doctors list at this site.  I'm not sure that he's still available though.  Can anyone recommend anyone else from there?  Thanks for your help.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

We do not recommend Drs, we do have a list that u saw, to help u research drs...as u have to be comfortable with the Dr and that is y u should see a few and compare them...I may like someone and u may not....so it is diff to refer.

U may have to travel to get to a Dr, but I am curious as to what u meant by Dr Tew not being available?

Again, I would suggest u review our list of Drs and call a few and research them....find the one that is best for u....

May I ask what testing u had done so far?

"selma"

I saw Dr. Tew recently.  I can't attest to his skills as a surgeon because I've not had surgery but I would recommend him.  He spent time, asked questions, answered them all, gave details and specifics.  A lot of one on one time and not with office personnel or even a nurse, just him giving his undivided attention.  But that's my experience.  Others may have different opinions.
I've had an MRI.  The doctor is scheduling a cine MRI.  My sister had surgery for a Chiari 4 weeks ago.  Since she already did a lot of research, I picked up where she left off.  She found that Mayfield was number one in the country as well as John Hopkins.  I choose Mayfield, but had to choose the doctor that I wanted to see.  The info I found on the doctors was very limited.  With what info I found I choose Dr. Robert Bohinski.  He was well rated by his patients, but I would still like to find out more info on him.  Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated

I wish I knew others that saw that Dr, that I could say I heard that name b4, but I can not....I have heard of Mayfield bcuz of Dr Tew and I heard of him well b4 he formed the clinic.....

U may know more about this Dr then we can offer insight on....and I hope if u move forward and are happy with him u give us more insight.

The only thing I can suggest is to see several chiari Drs and compare and go with who u feel is the most experienced and u feel most comfortable with.....

Please keep us posted.

"selma"
MG18 uploaded new photos
May 28
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22