Chiari Malformation Community
More on the flu

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

More on the flu

I wrote to my NS this morning, because--for the first time, really--I'm having difficulty controlling the pain.  He wrote back soon (another reason I have the utmost respect for him), even though Wed. is his surgery day.

He said to treat the pain as best as I can, that the flu can be a "nasty additional stimulus".  Indeed.
So, Im going back on a more immediate post op schedule--and mindset.

I feel like Charlie in "Flowers for Algernon".  :(

Can I ask do u feel since u r so newly post op that the flu is having this affect on u?

I am not familiar with "Flowers for Algernon".....
Yes, definitely; the pain level is quite high.  Just bad luck I guess to get sick at the 3 mo. dip.

My DH is starting to feel sick now, but he wont come home from work--no surprise there--so it will be interesting to see how it affects him.

That book, & the movie "Charlie" (w/Cliff Robertson) is about a retarded man, who after a science experiment, becomes a genius.  But eventually he regresses to the point where he goes back to being being a janitor.  
(As if that isn't sad enough, there's a love story in it too.)

I will have to look for this movie...I like Cliff Robertson....the name of it sounds familiar but I am not familiar with the story......

Well I hope ur DH does not get a full blown flu and u feel better soon.
My DH actually did stay home from work today & is coughing his guts out.  Says he feels fine, lol.
oh geez! so sorry Viva. We all know the "I'm fine" answer really mean I feel like death, but dont want to worry you about it!  A man that stays home from work, is a sick man!  Hope he gets some rest today!
Thanks.  He really does "seem" fine, but I've learned that that really doesn't mean anything.

well I am sending healing MoJo ur way for the whole family <3
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22
Ball123 commented on The more intense you ...
May 22