Need opinions of MRI please.
So obviously I no longer have the 7mm CM w/ CSF blockage I was originally dx with in 2003, but I am not sure I agree with the no CM dx. The tonsil does not seem normal to me. I would appreciate anyone elses input.
Thanks.

Hi...not sure what u mean by "normal"....y do ur Drs feel u no longer have chiari and how did u come to this dx?....

NS said(chiari specialist) according to the MRI picture I posted, the tonsil does not fall below the foramen magnum, and the fact that there is no CSF blockage... therefore no CM. I see the tonsil at the opening of the FM and yes the flow is better than it was in 2003 and obviously not 7mm, but I don't do anything(physically, lifting, bending...) anymore.
By normal I mean the lower tonsil is not up tight where it should be and appears to droop down into the FM area.

What changed from  the 2003 MRI till now? How do they think this occurred?

And have they looked at ur odontoid?...and was this done lying down?...wonder if an upright MRI would affect the obvious.....

"selma"

Unfortunately I only have the written report for 2003, called today and films have been destroyed. They would not give a reason for the retraction, only implied that maybe the original dx was wrong(original NS was talking shunt). This is the first I am hearing of an odontoid, I will have to look it up. Yes this was done laying down, I wondered if I should push for a stand up MRI also. I was basically given the "this is not surgical so we are no longer interested in you" speech. Because of the neck fractures, DDD, and spondylosis my physical limitations pretty much remain the same. IMHO and with an untrained eye it appears the lower tonsil IS drooping into the FM and if the slightest bit of swelling were to occur their would be CFS blockage. Just wondered if anyone else would see what I was seeing.

Well it is close and this is y I mention the upright MRI....as it may change the results...but for ur 7mm to retract, ....was all this a result of an accident?

If so, that would explain the retraction,...spondylosis is arthritis of the btwn the joints of the spinal column.

I would think an upright MRI and a CINE MRI may help determine once and for all what is going on.

"selma"
I had a rollover accident in '91 but didn't see a doc...started having migrains after youngest was born in 02 dx in 03, could herniation have been caused by epidural?
Also C1 is fractured, don't know when that happened.
Thanks for taking a look, I think your right and I would like to see an upright MRI. I have to have flex xrays and 6 weeks of PT so when that's over I will look into it.

Sure, did u suffer a leak at all?

Mayb the rollover caused the fracture?

Plus, it is possible u had an injury from the MVA, that worsened with the delivery....

Not sure what miracle caused it to retract, unless the swelling just went down, sometimes a MVA cab force the tonsils down and out, but since the skull is not small they can retract back into place, those with the malformation there is no room for the tonsils to retract....but, if u have fractures and all those other issues they can be causing some of the pain too.U would have all the same symptoms as those with chiari while ur tonsils were herniated...and it could very well still be affecting u.

PT and getting an upright MRI is a good place to start...

Keep us posted : )

"selma"